Are you the Main PG?

whats wrong with these?

>>>Nikon D50 + Sigma 18-200mm + Nikon f1.8/50mm + sigma 70- 300 mm & SB800 <<<

learn how to use your SB800.... should be able to save the $1300

slooow said:
whats wrong with these?

okay, still learning loh... hehhe thanks .. just that i willing be shooting some outdoor portraits for my wedding couple frens

slooow said:
whats wrong with these?

yaa.. indeed, your setup looks 'perfect' to me for wedding..

your setup is okay.....no offence, but if your frens not paying u...why spend the money??

you are a weird one... whats with 85mm/f1.8 or addition (with tc 1.4x or 2x) ?:dunno:
TC with wedding? might as well just use a longer focal length

ExplorerZ said:
you are a weird one... whats with 85mm/f1.8 or addition (with tc 1.4x or 2x) ?:dunno:
TC with wedding? might as well just use a longer focal length
It's just a suggestion,he did not say must buy.

zaxh81 said:
It's just a suggestion,he did not say must buy.
since he listed, that would mean there is a chance of buying TC for the shoot. im just curious about getting TC for a wedding shoot. :think:
not saying its not possible, but just weird to see someone adding TC for wedding like hunting for love birds. :bsmilie:

Your set up looks fine, just one wedding only, why you need to buy something?

one wedding spend $1.3k, two wedding spend $2.6k, how many weddings you have to shoot than you can justify your purchase?

Unless you sure you want to shoot weddings in a very long run, and shoot many wedding, like at least 20 per year.

but I seriously tell you, once you say you start charging for your service, you friends will look for someone else.

get a lens tt gives from 28mm to 70mm (after 1.5x) and external flash. if you like to take closeup shots , u need a long and fast lens but it dun come cheap but recommend Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 for your budget range.

dragos said:
your setup is okay.....no offence, but if your frens not paying u...why spend the money??

I would be worried if his friends were paying him?
He sounds like he's shooting with totally no experience and the misconception that spending $$ on lens will give him good shots.

Nothing wrong really, but I really hope that he's just the backup photographer shooting for the fun of it with no expectations from the couple.

just bring D50+18-200 sigma+sb800

Well, any camera & lenses can be used to produce good photos. Just have to work within the limits of your set-up.

But it's ok to have people buying lots of cameras and lenses, so that Nikon & 3rd party manufacturers can stay in business and R&D to give us better and better lenses & equipment at lower prices!

u lack of a wide lens..dun tell me abt the 18-200..
17-55 or 17-35 or 28-70 will be nice to have for wedding..but way above ur budget..
Can try third party ones..

dragos said:
come to think u r right, my setup is enuff, hmm i tjink my frens are paying mi, but how much :dunno: :dunno: :think:

you're good to go as many have said here but you do lack a WA beyond the 18mm you have but you won't be taking that many shots with a 10-20 or 12-24. if you do, watch out for people at the edges as they get terribly distorted.

jfoo said:
you're good to go as many have said here but you do lack a WA beyond the 18mm you have but you won't be taking that many shots with a 10-20 or 12-24. if you do, watch out for people at the edges as they get terribly distorted.
tats y i say the 18-200 not so good..u get distortion at widest and tele end..but just a shoot for fren should be ok wif the 18-200..remember to bring bounce card for ur flash..

Status
Not open for further replies.