Dumbest camera sales person ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
just to share biggest joke i experienced today...

went to Sitec and was comparing between the Panasonic FX9 and a Casio model.
Went to 2 different booth.. both ran by Harvey Norman sales person.
First at panasonic and checked out the FX9 which has Image stabilizer.
Then went to the Casio booth to check out one model that had Anti-Shake similar to that of FX9 image stabilzer.

As I have previously tried the demo on the image stabilizer on the Panasonic one, I wanted to see the same feature being demo on the Casio one but could not find the function to have it activated.

So, I asked the sales person who then told me : "Oh, you have to turn up the ISO number there".. He said "ISO is Image Stabilizer ON"..

HAHAHA.... I couldn't help wanting to burst into laughters...

I asked him if he was sure.. he said "Yes, I sold many already.. and that's how it's turned on"..

Gosh... I do hope that those newbies who bought them from him will realise how to turn that one eventually....

Moral of the story "don't trust everything the sales person tell you... especially if they are from one of those big electronic store like Best or Harvey Norman"...

So did you taught him back that upping the shutter speed can also activate image stabilizer.

Or hold shutter/menu button/ISO button for 1 hour then got special menu lor.

Michael Ang said:
just to share biggest joke i experienced today...

went to Sitec and was comparing between the Panasonic FX9 and a Casio model.
Went to 2 different booth.. both ran by Harvey Norman sales person.
First at panasonic and checked out the FX9 which has Image stabilizer.
Then went to the Casio booth to check out one model that had Anti-Shake similar to that of FX9 image stabilzer.

As I have previously tried the demo on the image stabilizer on the Panasonic one, I wanted to see the same feature being demo on the Casio one but could not find the function to have it activated.

So, I asked the sales person who then told me : "Oh, you have to turn up the ISO number there".. He said "ISO is Image Stabilizer ON"..

HAHAHA.... I couldn't help wanting to burst into laughters...

I asked him if he was sure.. he said "Yes, I sold many already.. and that's how it's turned on"..

Gosh... I do hope that those newbies who bought them from him will realise how to turn that one eventually....

Moral of the story "don't trust everything the sales person tell you... especially if they are from one of those big electronic store like Best or Harvey Norman"...
what bull*#$t...dunno how to use still have the cheek to go teach ppl the wrong thing....whats wrong with harvey norman?..cant they give their staff proper training?:sweat: :sweatsm: :bsmilie:

ahh... the old "push-up-the-ISO-to-increase-the-shutter-speed-and-reduce-the-effects-of-camera-shake" button. beed using that for years, so what else is new? :bsmilie:

harvey norman is a furniture seller in aussieland

they recruit new salesmen and put them on the job
some are good,
some are rude
i saw and heard a harvey norman salesman at the Raffles City Branch put down a tourist who hesitated to buy the digital camera that he was plugging
it was insulting

ever heard a sale person tell a customer this : "This camera is good, it got high ISO thus the shutter speed is fast, can reduce blur img" :bsmilie:

clarinet said:
ever heard a sale person tell a customer this : "This camera is good, it got high ISO thus the shutter speed is fast, can reduce blur img" :bsmilie:

But super grainy after that...

Michael Ang said:

That's as good as a Chinese salesman at Mustafa I once encountered - it used to be my favourite haunt when I can't sleep at night.

I asked him to demonstrate the effectiveness of the image stabilizer for a Panasonic, I think it was the FX-5. What he did next was incredible. He took the camera, and as he swung it in a big pendulum arc in an up and down manner, proceeded to take a snap with the flash on. When he showed me the result, it showed the flash capturing me quite nicely with the background blurry. This he used to prove to me the wonders of the Panasonic anti-shake technology.

I wasn't as nice as you though (I didn't grow up in a good family and I have very poor self-control) so I started laughing at him. He obviously wasn't very secure about himself so he actually asked me if what he did was wrong ;-) He couldn't explain to me why, if the anti-shake capability was so good, the background was all shakey-fuzzy. ;-) But honestly speaking, other than his false assumption that it was the anti-shake at work helping keep me nice and sharp, I actually was rather impressed with the originality and creative quality of the picture.

I then asked him to demonstrate the anti-shake capability with the flash switched OFF using his same method, and of course the picture turned out funny. He proceeded to tell me that it's 'more effective' with the flash on...........................

I deliberately did not tell him why his demo of the anti-shake capability with flash on was all very mistaken. Hell, I am sure he sold many quantities of that particular camera with such a spectacular demo. Seriously, if you don't know any better, it's a bloody impressive demo since he shake so much can still get sharp picture. I figured, why change a winning strategy? :bsmilie:

He doesn't work there anymore. Panasonic must have hired him because he sold many many cameras for them.............. eh, he might be this same guy at Sitex you know.

Harvey Normay actually bought over Pertama (if you guys remember, the overpriced electronics shop) and started their electronics section.

Earlier this year, being a greenhorn then, I bought a sliver Pana FZ5 from HN. I wanted a black color set, but the sales guy actually smoked me saying that the black color sets are export sets, and don't come with warranty. Got tricked into getting one from them, as I wanted a camera for my overseas trip.

Would not get any camera from them again. :nono: :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

MOst HN staff are jokers la,

I would say out of ten 9 are jokers, and one usually work for very long already are the only good ones that even give you good deals and advice.

Most of my purchased from HN makes me fuming mad.

take it with a pinch of salt...the salesman is not too wrong abt what iso means..thats what some brands like fuji are marketing as..their anti blur mode, which essentially is just automatic adjustment to higher iso and increase shutter speed.

to turn on you need to press

up, down, up, down, left, right, left, right, A, B, A, B, START

rueyloon said:
to turn on you need to press

up, down, up, down, left, right, left, right, A, B, A, B, START

sound like some cheat code :bsmilie:

L3 R2 Right Left Triangle circle cross cross R3 start
Unlimited Zoom... :bsmilie:

If u are able to press all buttons on the camera at the same time for 3 secs, let go, do it for 20 times non stop, U will get unlimited POWER SUPPLY (battery) for 3 days only...sob..at least got 72 hours also not bad right?

LOL hahaha...
you've got to unlock the camera for that hidden mode.

that's as good as the Chinese salesman at Mustafa. hahahahaa.. i believe they are the same person. hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.