dull photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

gee6417jong

Jul 31, 2008
hi, I just shot some photos with my canon slr camera and most of the pic don't turn out good. Wonder Why? Colors are not vibrant like those I see in clubsnap. Any tips?

sorry, I was at the botanics gardens. Good sunlight but photos turned out dark in some parts of the pic. even the closed up of the flowers are dull in color

Without any photos, I can't really pin point what the problem is but I suggest you read up on lighting and its relationship with photography. Know what is good quality lighting and where its coming from. There's a whole lot of reasons why your pictures are dull even if the ambient lighting is good. For one, where is the light source coming from? E.g. it could be your subjects were back lit or being shielded by other objects.

lots of factors, lightings, overexposure, where did you point? etc. Cam settings set to vivid, etc.Flowers dark my guess is you shot in P or auto mode?

first of all, you post your thread in a wrong forum.

second, without showing a picture, we only can make a wild guess.

first of all, you post your thread in a wrong forum.

second, without showing a picture, we only can make a wild guess.

agree, suggest TS lock this thread & repost in Newbies Corner. since no pics were shown.

being a very blur newbie, I am now trying to post my dull photos, pls show me how to do that

Usually original images are low contrast. Try to increase the contrast to see the different.

hi, I just shot some photos with my canon slr camera and most of the pic don't turn out good. Wonder Why? Colors are not vibrant like those I see in clubsnap. Any tips?

1) you need good light to have good colors. no one is going to be able to make a raven into a phoenix with photoshop, though maybe the raven can be turned into a not-so-ugly duck.

2) some photoshop is needed to bring out vibrant colors. the output from dslr tends to be a lot less saturated than the kind you are used to from p&s camera. the ideology is based on the fact that you get more control that way. saturation actually destroys details.

dullness of image straight from camera usually depends on the camera that you are using and how well you know your camera
so rtfm first and move on from there

Last edited:
1) you need good light to have good colors. no one is going to be able to make a raven into a phoenix with photoshop, though maybe the raven can be turned into a not-so-ugly duck.

2) some photoshop is needed to bring out vibrant colors. the output from dslr tends to be a lot less saturated than the kind you are used to from p&s camera. the ideology is based on the fact that you get more control that way. saturation actually destroys details.

actually you can make a raven into a Phoenix using PS

Status
Not open for further replies.