Dude, where is my future 18-200mmVR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

legoman

Oct 12, 2005
West side of Temasek
Craving since early november, where can I get the lens here??? this is the MUST-BUY lens. Thanks Dennis to show us the results of VR lens.

Do you homework, the lens can be found if you bothered to do your own search. Answers are all over the place.

CPmarina quoted me $1280, no stock available. The earliest will be in January, but don't know the exact date.

Where else have you tried? CP PP, CP Marina, TK foto, Lords, TCW, Parisilk......etc etc?

TMC said:
Where else have you tried? CP PP, CP Marina, TK foto, Lords, TCW, Parisilk......etc etc?
and maybe also from overseas *japan :devil:

If it is out of stock in Japan, I wouldn't rush out to buy it right away. I'd let the dust settle down first.

The Japs usually keep the best for themselves, and normally ship their 'seconds' for overseas consumption (especially when demand is high). I went through five samples of the 80-200 AFS one time (when it was just released) and all were marred in one way or another with a manufacturing flaw (mostly bubbles and large pieces of black flocking paint chips on the elements). Flaws I don't even find in used equipment. For a $2.4K lens, it was unforgivable.

MS Color inform me stock in around end Jan 2006 but must place order 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.