Duck foetus - a Philippine delicacy

It is said to be good for sex. Where can we eat this in Singapore? Any in Lucky Plaza? (Filipinos love to hang out there)

I have eaten a local version made with chicken foetus (not duck) called Kai Chai Tan.

Last edited:
I have eaten a local version made with chicken foetus (not duck) called Kai Chai Tan.

I have eaten both balut in the Philippines, and the Kai Chai Tan - chicken foetus. I have also eatne the Vietnamese and Cambodian version of the balut.

In the Philippines, balut is sold as is, no condiments. In both Vietnam and Cambodia, the balut is served with some herbs, and a dip of pepper and salt mixed with a squeeze of lime. I prefer the Cambodian version, actually.

PhnomPenh362.jpg
[/IMG]

Balut is delicious! You can buy it at lucky plaza. Just ask for it. Make sure you tell them you want the not so mature ones though. When bones and feathers start to develop its not very nice anymore. :bsmilie:

Balut is delicious! You can buy it at lucky plaza. Just ask for it. Make sure you tell them you want the not so mature ones though. When bones and feathers start to develop its not very nice anymore. :bsmilie:

so... you're eating it to? :bsmilie:

number2 said:
I have eaten both balut in the Philippines, and the Kai Chai Tan - chicken foetus. I have also eatne the Vietnamese and Cambodian version of the balut.

In the Philippines, balut is sold as is, no condiments. In both Vietnam and Cambodia, the balut is served with some herbs, and a dip of pepper and salt mixed with a squeeze of lime. I prefer the Cambodian version, actually.

[/IMG]

So does it level up your sex power?

Ate 2 myself at Puerto Galera this feb when I was there Scuba Diving... my Pinoy GF threaten never to kiss me again if she ever saw me eating more... :bsmilie: :sweat:

diver-hloc said:
Ate 2 myself at Puerto Galera this feb when I was there Scuba Diving... my Pinoy GF threaten never to kiss me again if she ever saw me eating more... :bsmilie: :sweat:

Because you demanded too much after eating the 2? :p

supposedly also increases your life span. there was this 100+ years old granny who swears by it.

supposedly also increases your life span. there was this 100+ years old granny who swears by it.

My summary after reading this thread so far:

balut = 100 years of great sex :p

The viets are crazy about this thing. Fortunately them viets in hcmc like it not too mature... You get 2 versions, the as-is served with salt-chilli-lime condiment and another variation sautéed or fried and served with sweet sauce... Abit like Telor Goreng. The later is quite palatable if not mature.

If you go for the mature duckling the experience goes like this;

Crack the egg on the side of the air pocket, then you can see the cooked yolk (not much left) with veins. Now you will proceed to sip the juices, which actually taste pleasant like herbal duck soup. The yolk taste like a cross between egg yolk and meat. The middle of the egg where most of the ducklings organs have developed taste like innards & bile, not the best but you prolly can tahan if you like eating kani-miso. Abit of feathers here amd there but nothing irritating. Final you will encounter the head, where the beak and bones are crunchy and the brains of the duckling almost made me gag. I stopped there. I prefer the Telor Goreng version. No the chilli didn't help.

Last edited: