Dubai photo trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

BravoSeven

Jun 4, 2011
Singapore
I have to go to Dubai for a few days early August. Whilst I will be busy the first few days with some stuff, I will have plenty of time to walk/drive around photographing the place. If anyone want to join, I will be happy to guide and show the best spots for some good pictures.

I would prefer to keep the group size to not more than 4 as its easy for transport etc, and you gotta drive everywhere in Dubai.
Buy your tickets (Emirates/ SingaporeAir/ Cathay - via HK etc - Approx 1000$) and budget about $100 accommodation per day. I will book the group into a nice 3* star hotel (twin share) or apartment so we can split the cost. I will have a car so can share and no need to pay for that. Food and other stuff, I would say budget about 50$ per day too.

Google the following for picture locations:

Burj Khalifa- Tallest tower in the world (entry and ticket prices are on their website).
Burj Al Arab- Worlds only 7 Start hotel. (budget entry fee inclusive of snacks for about 50$).
Ras Al khor- Bird Sanctuary. (No cost)
The Old Town Dubai. (No Cost)
Deira Creek. (No cost except for sharing a boat ride to take pictures of the bridges etc. Apprx 10$ per person).
Deira Spice market. (No cost)
Deira Gold Souk. (No cost - unless you wanna buy a some gold jewellery :))
Desert Safari (Nets Tours/ Arabian Adventures etc). (Budget apprx 100$ per person).
Karama Market (No cost).
Sheik Zayed Road (No cost).
The Atlantis Hotel. (Budget depending on what activities you wanna do. The hotel website has prices).
Palm Jumeirah. (No cost).
Zabeel Seray Hotel. (Budget for dinner apprx 50$ per person and must see for fantastic ottoman architecture).
Etc Etc Etc..

We can collectively plan the agenda based on time-line and everyone's schedule.
Dubai can be an expensive destination, but with some research and guidance, you could have a nice photo tour of 3 or 4 days with some amazing pictures (judging by the talent present on Clubsnap :)).

Please google for Visa details (Singaporeans dont need visa) and for the weather as it will be hot. So you must be able to take the heat.
I dont make any profit on this. Everything will be split equally amongst the participants of each activity. But I will do my best to make it a safe, comfortable and enjoyable tour! :).

damn! i used up my leave for dec -.- wasted

Haha :)
No worries Nemesis and Luckyorange. I have to travel there every few months for some work so maybe next time.
Cheers,

Besides what u mentioned a couple of malls also worth visiting ie dubai mall next to the tallest building, mall of emirate with indoor ski slope, and Ibn battuta with different countries theme mall. If u have a bit more time, venture to Abu dhabi and two of their iconic sheik zayed mosque which could rival taj mahal and the super luxurious hotel emirates palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.