dub edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince

Feb 28, 2002
Singapore
Just a few shots of my friends' ride to share...

3409579779_3110210429_o.jpg

3410388994_097bcfda7f_o.jpg

3409579645_038695ac81_o.jpg

Strobes were Jinbei Delicacy 180s powered by DIY portable power pack.

the HDB a little distracting perhaps? focus more on the subject.

not much a car prson,.but last pic was good. :thumbsup:

not much a car prson,.but last pic was good. :thumbsup:

Gum Xia...:bsmilie: Obviously my far butt friend shouldn't be included in the photo hahaha!

What does DUB have gotta do with the replica Chargespeed underline and the Billion air funnel? lol
The light under the car looks some LED torch right?
The improved pic looks better, but the fake DOF killed it.

What does DUB have gotta do with the replica Chargespeed underline and the Billion air funnel? lol
The light under the car looks some LED torch right?
The improved pic looks better, but the fake DOF killed it.

Dub can mean the Urban Custom Car culture.

Dub magazine covers this culture and they have specialized "Dub Edition" car accesories but it doesn't mean that the entire car has to use Dub products. Other products can be used which is why it's "Customization". :)

The light underneath is a flash unit that's on remote trigger.

Last edited:
I like the way you put the flash underneath the car. Seems to give it some outline and kick.

Maybe try another MSCP without any HDB blocks behind, preferably the sky instead.

I like the way you put the flash underneath the car. Seems to give it some outline and kick.

Maybe try another MSCP without any HDB blocks behind, preferably the sky instead.

Actually, the HDB worked roughly in my favour because I wanted to provide an urban setting. But obviously, the best setting would be the commercial towers of downtown Singapore and I'm still looking for a good location to shoot that.

Thanks for the kind comments. :)

This looks cool!

I like the effect of the flash under the car too, perhaps it would have been better if the flash body cannot be seen (i.e. put further inside) so that there is just that glow of light underneath? Or even more flash units so there is a whole lot of light bursting out from underneath the car?

I also want to try this! just that i need remotely triggered flash units and more importantly ... erm... a car?:kok:

You mean like the #2 shot?

Perhaps a wide aperture would render the background blur enough to put emphasis on the car.

This looks cool!

I like the effect of the flash under the car too, perhaps it would have been better if the flash body cannot be seen (i.e. put further inside) so that there is just that glow of light underneath? Or even more flash units so there is a whole lot of light bursting out from underneath the car?

I also want to try this! just that i need remotely triggered flash units and more importantly ... erm... a car?:kok:

Haha...I'm sure there are lots of owners that would be willing to let you take nice pictures of their cars.

Unfortunately, I couldn't move the flash any further in because:

1) his car is too darn low
2) the optical slave wouldn't trigger the flash due to insufficient triggering light

I'm gonna try with my wireless radio triggers next time round but I still need a good cityscape background location. Any ideas??? :)

You mean like the #2 shot?

Perhaps a wide aperture would render the background blur enough to put emphasis on the car.

Unfortunately, my el-cheapo slave flash unit (under the car) doesn't have variable power output so @ maximum aperture of f/4, the bottom would be impossibly blown out.

However, I do understand where you're coming from hence the edited shot with the rather artificial "bokeh". :)

Will definitely attempt it again once I find a more suitable cityscape location for the shoot.

Thanks for the comment and suggestion. :thumbsup:

Teach you a technique.

Even at a smaller aperture, go use the DOF preview function and pull the focus nearer towards the camera. You will notice the background turning blur while the car remains somewhat acceptably sharp.

Teach you a technique.

Even at a smaller aperture, go use the DOF preview function and pull the focus nearer towards the camera. You will notice the background turning blur while the car remains somewhat acceptably sharp.

That's a good technique but unfortunately I was shooting using a wideangle lens (17-40) and at aperture f/11, I don't think it'll make any difference.

I'll definitely give it a try next time round though after all, there's no cost involved and I'm pretty sure the car won't complain about posing for multiple shots at the same angle. :bsmilie:

Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup:

It should still be possible, the focus should be about 2.5 feet away then the depth based on the table would be from 1 feet to 20 feet :p

Hmm...ok shall definitely give it a go ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.