Dual Monitor Set-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digi-Learner

Dec 10, 2004
Hi all.

For dual monitor set-ups:

1. Can we use CRT as the main screen and a LCD as the secondary screen for tool bars and palattes?

2. How do we caliberate dual monitor set-up? Just calibrate the main screen only or both?

3. How to tell if our PC has that capability? Do we need special adaptors?

Regards. :)

Digi-Learner said:
Hi all.

For dual monitor set-ups:

1. Can we use CRT as the main screen and a LCD as the secondary screen for tool bars and palattes?

2. How do we caliberate dual monitor set-up? Just calibrate the main screen only or both?

3. How to tell if our PC has that capability? Do we need special adaptors?

Regards. :)

1. Yes. If your graphic card support dual interface or use 2 graphic cards.
2. Calibrate the one you'll be viewing the photos on?
3. I'll leave this for the experts. Built my comp long ago so forgot all the tech jargon.

;)

You might also want to consider a wide screen in lieu of the above.

For those of you who uses a dual monitor setup for PS, may I know how useful do you find it?

what do you use it for? Thank you

My com is hooked up on a LCD and a CRT. I could only calibrate one of the monitors, so obviously choose the CRT. Most of the time when I do postprocessing, my CRT displays PS and the LCD displays Adobe bridge, sometimes neatimage, and of course the usual msn, Itunes and stuff ;p

For dual monitor setup, you need a dual-monitor capable graphics card.
You know the property box where you change the resolution for your monitor? That's the place to start looking to see if you can set it up.

Fundamentally, it is to increase on-screen real estate. So it's helpful if you do not want to shift and drag your palettes ard all the time. Not forgeting having a dual monitor set-up makes one look soooooo techy! :bsmilie:

What about those using Wakom Intuos 3 tablet.

Will dragging palettes and other windows between 2 monitors behave like the same way when mouse is used? (the tablet drawing pad actually matches the monitor’s screen real estate exactly, not sure if this may result in different navigation behaviors)

So I reckon for the second monitor, if I'm using it to simply place my layers palette. can just use any old 13" rite?

And will it in any way slow down my system since it has to display on 2 monitors now?thks

Wa, I'm tempted now....:think:

no need to have damn powerful graphics card. somehow matrox 2d cards does better than most 3d cards.
if 2 monitors different size hor, very disorientating cuz movement of cursor is different. if use tablet is lagi more troublesome, need to get the new wacom long tablet.
i used dual 21 crts but one just died.. so back to cramp working spaces.

I use Matrox Parhelia cards at work... ( i think thats how its spelt)
i can have 3 or more screens with it too but they are much more expensive.
=)

I mainly use two monitors - I use alot of Macromedia / Adobe software so i like to have plenty of room for my stage and tools.

I heard you can actually use two graphics card instead of using one with dual outputs but I have never tried this.

Goodluck.

for the tablet option i dun think it will be the same..
maybe your screen proportions will be stretched compared to the tablet size..
so you move a little but it moves alot on screen
i am guessing this becos they have a new tablet for wide screen/dual monitor setup.
heh no point come up with this is if it works 100% the same yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.