Dual Lens Kit + Sliver NEX5 at Ion Sony

sdchew

May 23, 2010
Not too sure whether it has been mentioned by anyone else earlier but I was just at Ion Sony (4th Floor). The dual lens kit and the Silver colour NEX5 just arrived yesterday.

Nearly bought one on the spot after trying the demo unit. Had to drag myself away from it as I promised myself that I will wait until September after Photokina. Made some excuse that no accessories and walked off. :cool:

Just thought some of you folks must be interested if it wasn't posted before.

Not too sure whether it has been mentioned by anyone else earlier but I was just at Ion Sony (4th Floor). The dual lens kit and the Silver colour NEX5 just arrived yesterday.

Nearly bought one on the spot after trying the demo unit. Had to drag myself away from it as I promised myself that I will wait until September after Photokina. Made some excuse that no accessories and walked off. :cool:

Ion got Sony meh?Or is it Wisma Atria Isetan?:think:

You have no excuse! :bsmilie:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30794969&l=026d634ac7&id=1367806169

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=717846

Damn it! Is resistance becoming futile? ;p

If you are looking for a PnS replacement, yes! I am the Borg...Taken 1800 photos the past 2 weeks. And that panorama feature is cool too. Kept on using it and people looked at me like an alien! But if you are looking for a DSLR replacement, stick to a DSLR. Nothng beats looking through the viewfinder. But to Sony' credit, the LCD screen is bright enough at the highest setting to be seen in bright sunlight with sunglasses on! Kudos for that but it also means battery life is affected. Anyone knows when will the pancake lens be released? Want to use my voucher.:)

If you are looking for a PnS replacement, yes! I am the Borg...Taken 1800 photos the past 2 weeks. And that panorama feature is cool too. Kept on using it and people looked at me like an alien! But if you are looking for a DSLR replacement, stick to a DSLR. Nothng beats looking through the viewfinder. But to Sony' credit, the LCD screen is bright enough at the highest setting to be seen in bright sunlight with sunglasses on! Kudos for that but it also means battery life is affected. Anyone knows when will the pancake lens be released? Want to use my voucher.:)

Agree on many points here. I went shooting up Clark Quay with a good friend (also a new CSer here) just to try out some landscape shots. The sweep panorama had me cursing a little. I have to set up dslr on tripod, get horizons right, pan every shot carefully to ensure overlapping images, then take everything home to stitch out a pano via PP. And he just does it all with a one or two clean sweeps, only tweaking exposure due to extreme lighting. :angry: He also did a vertical sweep to capture The Central. Aside from horrible perspective distortions, it's still a really awesome feature!!

LCD is definitely good too, even under direct sunlight. Batt life is definitely a shortfall, since the live view was on for almost half a day, with lots of shooting done. NEX shooters oughta carry some extra batts along if they intend to shoot lots within a day.

Yupe. The NEX5 is really impressive and I'll probably get it unless something else fantastic comes out at Photokina. So I'm going to dig in and wait to September.

The Sales guy at Harvey Norman tried to push me to buy earlier when I went to check price. He said he every Harvet Norman had only 2 units (both single lens kits) and they will selling fast. When I told him I'll wait to September, he gave me some crap about first batch made in Japan and next batch will be other place. When I told him all NEX systems made in Thailand and pointed it out on the camera label, he didn't have much to say after that. :bsmilie:

Anyway off to the Mont Blanc shop to buy something to satisfy my need to buy something. LOL.

Ok, new excuse why I can't buy a NEX5 now. Wallet took a hit, flaming with smoke too. Need time to recover. :sweat: