Dual LCD monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh man....that means i got to splurge on a video card....:bsmilie:
A cheap dedicated graphic card nowadays can do dual display, just check the graphic port on the back plate. :)

Sorry to OT.

Is it better to leave it DVi to DVi, rather then DVi to HDMI?
Which is better when you are talking about photoshopping? HDMI or DVi? My LCD do have DVi and HDMI (Dell), so I am wondering if I should change to HDMI.

to TS- graphic card is cheap now. Get the ok-ok dual head graphic card. =)

Note too that there is a limitation on total resolution that a single card that can support 2 monitors has. Up to the Nvidia Geforce 9800, it can take a maximum resolution of 2560x 1600 or something of the sort. So if you're thinking to run 2 x24" monitor at full 1920x1600, you'll need to run dual cards, most likely a SLI set-up.

Or get an ATI card. Even the cheap ones support dual DVI at full 1920x1200 and have HDMI output too.

Note too that there is a limitation on total resolution that a single card that can support 2 monitors has. Up to the Nvidia Geforce 9800, it can take a maximum resolution of 2560x 1600 or something of the sort. So if you're thinking to run 2 x24" monitor at full 1920x1600, you'll need to run dual cards, most likely a SLI set-up.
Current graphics cards do not have this limitation, generally. Look for dual dual-link DVI outputs (I think many cheap cards support that now).

Yes. As for DVI (DVI-D in particular) and HDMI, the signals they transmit is basically the same. The difference is the appearance of the port and HDMI carries additional 7.1 audio.

As for DVI-I and DVI-D, they are the same, just that DVI-I transmit analogue signal like VGA port. That why there are DVI-VGA adaptors. Those adaptors are just connector adaptors, they do not phsically transform Digital Signal to Analogue. :)

Yes, current generation cards, even like ATI's HD4370, has dual-link DVI for super high resolution digital display.

Status
Not open for further replies.