How to setup dual flash on tripod?

Is the "bar" DIY or buy from shop?

If is DIY , can advise on the spec ?

10Q many many :)

the bar for dual flash is available inside
mass sales. just need to get some form of TTL cable to link the flash together

the bar for dual flash is available inside
mass sales. just need to get some form of TTL cable to link the flash together

noted...will do a search ... thanks bro !

Are you refering to ring flash, if not mind explain further...?
Me still newbie ... thanks..

yep. if u are using nikon, that would be the R1C1 system. it works better becos it utilize the nikon iTTL system for more accurate exposure.

the alternatives would be the sigma EM-140 ring flash, or the one that is being sold by castwind now inside buy/sell.

yep. if u are using nikon, that would be the R1C1 system. it works better becos it utilize the nikon iTTL system for more accurate exposure.

the alternatives would be the sigma EM-140 ring flash, or the one that is being sold by castwind now inside buy/sell.

any idea of the cost for the R1C1? :devil:

saw your post on the sigma flash... any new FR till date? :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Agreed with Alex.. get a R1 or R1C1 :devil::devil:

Oh no.. another BBB king !!! :bigeyes:

BTW when then i need to get R1 or R1C1 ? whats e $ ?? hehehe

if your built in flash can act as commander then the R1 will be enough
the R1C1 is only for cameras which do not have a built in flash

note: you can also mount a SB800/900 to act as commander

Last edited:
if your built in flash can act as commander then the R1 will be enough
the R1C1 is only for cameras which do not have a built in flash

note: you can also mount a SB800/900 to act as commander

Am i right to say, D90/D700 use R1?

D3 & above R1C1?

thanks... :)

Am i right to say, D90/D700 use R1?

D3 & above R1C1?

thanks... :)
yes, can use the R1, can also use the R1C1
but the R1 is enough

for cameras which cannot be used as a commander (note that the SB800/SB900 can also be used as a commander) then they got no choice but to get the R1C1

the only difference between the R1 and the R1C1 is the SU-800 Wireless Speedlight Commander unit

yes, can use the R1, can also use the R1C1
but the R1 is enough

for cameras which cannot be used as a commander (note that the SB800/SB900 can also be used as a commander) then they got no choice but to get the R1C1

the only difference between the R1 and the R1C1 is the SU-800 Wireless Speedlight Commander unit

Yes SIr !! btw wat the $ ? e price guide here a bit out dated :bsmilie:

Thanks...

Yes SIr !! btw wat the $ ? e price guide here a bit out dated :bsmilie:

Thanks...

Call the shops and ask lar brother.. Should hover in the region of 7XX-8XX for R1 and 10XX-11XX for R1C1 :)

Call the shops and ask lar brother.. Should hover in the region of 7XX-8XX for R1 and 10XX-11XX for R1C1 :)

Just want to know roughly the $ 1st ma... later call e shop kana carrot le :bsmilie:

Can I call you and ask ??? :bigeyes:

Not a guru but just a macro shooter who is learning as well.

Learn from regulars who shoot at AP. Credits to them.

I used setup as with the following items:

1x DIY Aluminium bracket bar 7 inches long -- bend downwards 1 inch on two sides and drill with 3 holes. 2 holes at sides and one hole in center. standard tripod screw hole size.

2x normal flash -- one master connected using the cable to cam hot shoe and the 2nd flash setup in slave mode manual (trigger by 1st flash light source)

2x small ball head screwed into the 2 side holes of DIY bracket. To hold the 2 flashes. ball head allow adjust to any angle you want.

The DIY bracket center hole mount on camera and tripod plate. Cover the two flashes with diffuser material to diffuse lighting to subject.

that is it.

Last edited:
Not a guru but just a macro shooter who is learning as well.

Learn from regulars who shoot at AP. Credits to them.

I used setup as with the following items:

1x DIY Aluminium bracket bar 7 inches long -- bend downwards 1 inch on two sides and drill with 3 holes. 2 holes at sides and one hole in center. standard tripod screw hole size.

2x normal flash -- one master connected using the cable to cam hot shoe and the 2nd flash setup in slave mode manual (trigger by 1st flash light source)

2x small ball head screwed into the 2 side holes of DIY bracket. To hold the 2 flashes. ball head allow adjust to any angle you want.

The DIY bracket center hole mount on camera and tripod plate. Cover the two flashes with diffuser material to diffuse lighting to subject.

that is it.

Thanks for sharing, btw, how u diffuse the flash?