DTS surround system.

ninelives

Jan 16, 2002
BB
ninelives.clubsnap.org
Last edited:
i guess for that budget, you can get HTIB (home-theather-in-a-box). Already includes the receiver/player and 5.1 speaker systems. from court's website, the onkyo htib looks decent. onkyo is known to produce very good amp/receiver systems but not too sure about the speakers.

i believe some htib speakers comes with a stand. but if you have kids that play around, better to hang them using brackets.

but if you're serious about building your HT, go for separates. you'll have a dedicated receiver, player, and set of speaker systems. of course, that entails a lot of moolah ;)

I am also looking for one for my Western Digital Media Player. That bloody box can't output any DTS audio.

I am also looking for one for my Western Digital Media Player. That bloody box can't output any DTS audio.

I too have a WD media player but I didn't know that it can't output DTS audio. dolby perhaps? ;p

I got a Astone media player that can output DTS (passthru, via SPDIF) but cannot downmix DTS :(

So.. Now it plays those media files with DTS but no audio (bcoz cannot downmix so no o/p via the audio or HDMI cable).. Any recommendation for a cheap DTS system?

it looks like it has something to do with the licensing cost. if i want a system that can decode dts-encoded audio, I would go for known brands like denon, onkyo, or even harman kardon. they do have HTIBs anyway. the trade off is of course the cost. but i think other brands will do, since nowadays DTS/DTS-ES, Dolby/Pro Logic II are widely supported.

Last edited:
I got a Astone media player that can output DTS (passthru, via SPDIF) but cannot downmix DTS :(

So.. Now it plays those media files with DTS but no audio (bcoz cannot downmix so no o/p via the audio or HDMI cable).. Any recommendation for a cheap DTS system?

hi, may i know if it can also output Dolby digital? thanks.

Audio Support
Audio Feature Others File Container
Dolby Digital DD AC3 7.1 audio channel
DTS DTS Pass-Throug Via SPDIF 7.1 audio channel

hi, may i know if it can also output Dolby digital? thanks.

Audio Support

DD output is quite standard and common. now market have Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD.

but then, how many movies are on Dolby True-HD and DTS-HD these day? DD and DTS have been around for quite sometime...

Last edited:
Audio Support

thanks!

DD output is quite standard and common. now market have Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD.

but then, how many movies are on Dolby True-HD and DTS-HD these day? DD and DTS have been around for quite sometime...

agree. but in 2 to 3 years time, almost all movies are definitely HD :) just like the case of blu ray movies. at first i only see few being sold at shops. now its everywhere.