DSLR with Live LCD Feed!!

How would a Live Feed LCD DSLR affect my buying patterns..

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

itisnottheendorg

Mar 16, 2005
olympus_e330_slr_camera.jpg

Maybe some has caught sight of the latest kid of the block..

1. 7.5MP DSLR...
2. Tilt Live LCD Feed (w/AF)...
3. Anti-Dust Shake-Screen...
4. CF and xD compatibility...

Now for the most impt part...Retail/Street Price: anyone?? :sweat:

Oh and for everyone's interest, a fast poll if this newbie would make an impact to the forumers/general market hereabouts..:devil:
Plus voter can vote for multiple options, BUT PLS try constraint to 2 max PLS!

It's only a matter of time Canon will follow up with one albeit a better one which can swivel to the side that can allow u to do a self portrait. This first one by Olympus can't do that.

Hmm.... Live feed huh? Interesting but den again see the price tag and see my brain if I'm willing to change back to the PnS style. No doubt it'll be useful though. :D

redstorm said:
It's only a matter of time Canon will follow up with one albeit a better one which can swivel to the side that can allow u to do a self portrait. This first one by Olympus can't do that.

So doing self-portraits is obviously important to you when you use an SLR :)

Price anyone!?

oh..VOTE VOTE VOTE!!

Pricing?

If its full-frame a reasonable price for me would be: $3K
If its 1.5/1.6 crop FOV: $1.6 - $2K
If its 2/3rds or 2x FOV: $1.4 - $1.7K

kahheng said:
So doing self-portraits is obviously important to you when you use an SLR :)

:bsmilie:

and obviously a newer product would have (supposedly) better features.

jsbn said:
Hmm.... Live feed huh? Interesting but den again see the price tag and see my brain if I'm willing to change back to the PnS style. No doubt it'll be useful though. :D

PnS style? .. dun really need mah .. cos u still have your optical view finder ... the live preview if u wanna use it PnS style or if u're doing macro or studio shoots ... (the live preview allows up to 10x magnification of ANY spot and AF on that spot ... ) and the live preview would make it easier to see if the DOF is sufficient for macros ...

The crux for me..in fact two of them

1. sometime straining the eye (AND the whole face) and the posture to get a particular 'twisting angle'..or sometimes its plain poising for a timed shot THAT NEVER CAME ExACTLY WHEN YOU WISH IT WOULD

2. theres 'other' interested user(s) of my cam that DONT ENJOY all that hard squinting and facial contortionism..end up theres not many picture of myself in my own cam when me friends are on the road!! they always want easy frame-easy snap on their more er..user-friendly P&S.

perhaps this could be the real selling pt of this newbie...to bridge the 'Phobia' barrier.
..or conversely to offer current (ahem frustrated) prosumer users a real taste of instant eyeviewer-feed

schon said:
:bsmilie:

and obviously a newer product would have (supposedly) better features.

I think people will find that Oly double hinged caliper mount for the LCD pretty robust if it's anything like that found in some of their previous models. You could pretty well lift up the camera by the extended LCD frame. It's hard to say how strong the usual swivel mechanism is.

In my books, it's a trade off: strength versus the ability to shoot self portraits (with an SLR......hehehehe)

Well, actually I dun mind learning the art of contortion thru my viewfinder instead of thru the LCD.

Its these little things like lying on the floor, and doing half the funny poses ourselves that reminds us abt the photo. :)

Pricing in Japan for kit set, 14-45mm F3.5-5.6, 126,000Yen, 128,000Yen and 129,000Yen from three shops.

wowo...DIRECT PRICING UPDaTES all the WAY from the Manufacturer Homeground..The Land of the Rising Sun!..not 1 BUT 3 some more!

CLUBSNAP really many...HIDDEN DRAGON, CROUCHING TIGER..(or is it the other way round??)

:D

129,000.00 Jpy = 1,788.17 Sgd

UH guys, did you all know there is something called a Zig View? it is an attachable lcd preview monitor attachable to the Viewfinder.

i think the MANUFACTURER should take a frequent look here for marketing tips, looking at the current trend of the poll as it goes..

lol... dunno why pple dun seem to want LCD preview :think: they still get to keep the normal OVF some more.... but i bet if canon where the ones to release it... den.... .... ....

Status
Not open for further replies.