DSLR Torture tests (D90 vs 550D)

a) That is D70 vs 400D, NOT D90 vs 550D.

b) All those torture tests are rubbish. Consider so-called weather-sealed cameras such as Canon 1Ds3 and Nikon D3. Read what a REAL user has to say here:

"The Canon 1DsIII, in spite of weather sealing, has often had fogging inside the LCD screens; even worse, after one week the exposure meter has gone crazy, underexposing all the photos by about 2-3 stops....

My friend Simone has not had better luck: his Nikon D3 developed various problem, and three lenses got stuck and heavily fogged...

From now I'll no longer thrust the weather sealing - I'll simply protect the camera with a transparent plastic bag, that is light years better than any weather sealing."

It was originally meant to be D90 vs 550D, but it was later changed in the video.

lol I liked the part where the D70 has "become a film camera". It's funny, not really a true torture test though, could have been worse.

I liked how the camera flew off the tripod! :D
and I suppose, the tripod failed the test? :bsmilie::bsmilie:

but i felt relieved when the canon 400d still clicks when it was "earl grey-ed" ..:p

torture? thats an execution!

Woah, both dSLRs took quite a bit of damage!!

Not easy on the eye but I was amazed how tough these cameras are.

his accent got to me.. hahaha

The last test is really good...

canon obviously fares better in this video.

1. the hot tea test, canon still works while the nikon just got jam
2. not a fair test with those nails, the angle and the strength used when using the lens to hammer and if u compare both, nikon takes a more serious damage despite the lens on canon broke. I even heard him in self denial mode saying this is not meant to be for nikon.

my views, stupid test he is doing cos no one will use their cam to hammer nails (although its trying to imitate rough usage, but nails? oh comeon...), and no one will walk on their cam all over the streets.

Last edited: