DSLR that use AA (double A) Batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newperson

Jun 8, 2005
Hi ALL,

I'm new to DSLR, mostly use compact.
i'm looking for DSLR that use AA batteries...... wonder if there's any model that take AA batteries? either the body itself or the battery grip that accept AA batteries will be great.

hope someone can advice.

Rgds
Newperson

guys, thks.
will check on those model at BUY & SELL :D

take ONLY AA as option... Fuji... heheh... otherwise most with battery grip will have an option.

btw why is using AA a criteria? it doesn't really last that long... maybe only Fuji.

hi Del_CtrlnoAlt,

thks.
cos travel a lot so in case orginal battery low. just buy normal AA to use.

Do you mean all/most DSLR battery grip take AA battery? EOS 30D also?

Rgds
Jacky

newperson said:
hi Del_CtrlnoAlt,

thks.
cos travel a lot so in case orginal battery low. just buy normal AA to use.

Do you mean all/most DSLR battery grip take AA battery? EOS 30D also?

Rgds
Jacky

no. not all. only some models of DSLRs come with the optional AA battery tray. do note. its only meant to be used in emergency cases. the AA batteries do not give enuf juice to shoot for long in cams like the D100. if u really want dedicated AA-only DSLRs, its the s2 pro, s2 pro and s3 pro. even then, the s1 and s2 use CR123 batts together with AA. only the s3 is using AA.

All three - S1 Pro, S2 Pro, S3 Pro can, and do, use only AA batteries without needing the CR123s. For the S1/S2, the optional CR123s are to power the pop-up flash.

For the S2/S3, a charged set of Sanyo2500's can last easily 400-500 shots. Of course, persistent use of LCD for reviewing the shots can help dain the batts a bit. Likewise the use with VR lenses.

nightwolf75 said:
or the s2 pro.

or the D100, but with the optional battery tray.
The tray's usage is optional but the tray comes with the MB-D100.

newperson said:
Hi ALL,

I'm new to DSLR, mostly use compact.
i'm looking for DSLR that use AA batteries...... wonder if there's any model that take AA batteries? either the body itself or the battery grip that accept AA batteries will be great.

hope someone can advice.

Rgds
Newperson

Minolta 7D :thumbsup:

Check ebay for the prices of name brand non AA batteries for the other cameras, I guarentee you come out better that way........AA's dont last long.

Nobody here mentioned the great little Pentax *ist DS? :bsmilie:

wrx_sti_22b said:
Nobody here mentioned the great little Pentax *ist DS? :bsmilie:

I was about to say that... :D

Hi ALL,

Thks for the friendly & expert adivce :)
will go look out for this DSLR.

Rgds
Jacky

jj1987 said:
Check ebay for the prices of name brand non AA batteries for the other cameras, I guarentee you come out better that way........AA's dont last long.
er... sorry don't get you adivce.... :confused:
go ebay to check for DSLR that use AA batteries? or to look for AA batteries?

Rgds
Jacky

Azure said:
All three - S1 Pro, S2 Pro, S3 Pro can, and do, use only AA batteries without needing the CR123s. For the S1/S2, the optional CR123s are to power the pop-up flash.

For the S2/S3, a charged set of Sanyo2500's can last easily 400-500 shots. Of course, persistent use of LCD for reviewing the shots can help dain the batts a bit. Likewise the use with VR lenses.

Hi Azure,

My understanding is that S1/S2 Pro need the CR123s to power the camera engine and AA is to power the digital circult, you need both in order for the camera to work. Just confirmed with my S1 Pro, it needs both batteries to work.

poh6702 said:
My understanding is that S1/S2 Pro need the CR123s to power the camera engine and AA is to power the digital circult, you need both in order for the camera to work. Just confirmed with my S1 Pro, it needs both batteries to work.
my understanding is that the CR123s are used for the built-in flash as well as the AF on the S2pro (not sure about the S1pro/S3pro). without the CR123s, the built-in / pop-up flash will not work (no power), however, power for AF will be diverted from the AA batts.

so, the s2pro can work with the 4xAA alone (without the 2xCR123 batts), but the batts will not last as long becuase "additional" power is used from the AAs to power the AF.

Cactus jACK said:
my understanding is that the CR123s are used for the built-in flash as well as the AF on the S2pro (not sure about the S1pro/S3pro). without the CR123s, the built-in / pop-up flash will not work (no power), however, power for AF will be diverted from the AA batts.

so, the s2pro can work with the 4xAA alone (without the 2xCR123 batts), but the batts will not last as long becuase "additional" power is used from the AAs to power the AF.

correct!

actually it should last "long" enuff. So long as u have an extra set of AAs, should last a day of shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.