DSLR that use AA (double A) Batteries?


Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2005
99
0
6
#1
Hi ALL,

I'm new to DSLR, mostly use compact.
i'm looking for DSLR that use AA batteries...... wonder if there's any model that take AA batteries? either the body itself or the battery grip that accept AA batteries will be great.

hope someone can advice.

Rgds
Newperson
 

Jun 8, 2005
99
0
6
#5
guys, thks.
will check on those model at BUY & SELL :D
 

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2003
16,268
0
0
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
#6
take ONLY AA as option... Fuji... heheh... otherwise most with battery grip will have an option.

btw why is using AA a criteria? it doesn't really last that long... maybe only Fuji.
 

Jun 8, 2005
99
0
6
#7
hi Del_CtrlnoAlt,

thks.
cos travel a lot so in case orginal battery low. just buy normal AA to use.

Do you mean all/most DSLR battery grip take AA battery? EOS 30D also?

Rgds
Jacky
 

nightwolf75

Moderator
Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
17,858
14
38
really MORE diaper changes
#8
newperson said:
hi Del_CtrlnoAlt,

thks.
cos travel a lot so in case orginal battery low. just buy normal AA to use.

Do you mean all/most DSLR battery grip take AA battery? EOS 30D also?

Rgds
Jacky
no. not all. only some models of DSLRs come with the optional AA battery tray. do note. its only meant to be used in emergency cases. the AA batteries do not give enuf juice to shoot for long in cams like the D100. if u really want dedicated AA-only DSLRs, its the s2 pro, s2 pro and s3 pro. even then, the s1 and s2 use CR123 batts together with AA. only the s3 is using AA.
 

Azure

Deregistered
Mar 16, 2003
2,775
0
0
ClubSNAP community
www.clubsnap.org
#9
All three - S1 Pro, S2 Pro, S3 Pro can, and do, use only AA batteries without needing the CR123s. For the S1/S2, the optional CR123s are to power the pop-up flash.

For the S2/S3, a charged set of Sanyo2500's can last easily 400-500 shots. Of course, persistent use of LCD for reviewing the shots can help dain the batts a bit. Likewise the use with VR lenses.
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,905
0
0
Planet Nikon
#10
nightwolf75 said:
or the s2 pro.

or the D100, but with the optional battery tray.
The tray's usage is optional but the tray comes with the MB-D100.
 

steel

New Member
Mar 14, 2004
70
0
0
Singapore
#11
newperson said:
Hi ALL,

I'm new to DSLR, mostly use compact.
i'm looking for DSLR that use AA batteries...... wonder if there's any model that take AA batteries? either the body itself or the battery grip that accept AA batteries will be great.

hope someone can advice.

Rgds
Newperson
Minolta 7D :thumbsup:
 

jj1987

New Member
Jun 24, 2005
46
0
0
30
FL
www.dodgegallery.com
#12
Check ebay for the prices of name brand non AA batteries for the other cameras, I guarentee you come out better that way........AA's dont last long.
 

tokrot

New Member
Jun 2, 2003
1,345
0
0
#14
wrx_sti_22b said:
Nobody here mentioned the great little Pentax *ist DS? :bsmilie:
I was about to say that... :D
 

Jun 8, 2005
99
0
6
#16
Hi ALL,

Thks for the friendly & expert adivce :)
will go look out for this DSLR.

Rgds
Jacky
 

Jun 8, 2005
99
0
6
#17
jj1987 said:
Check ebay for the prices of name brand non AA batteries for the other cameras, I guarentee you come out better that way........AA's dont last long.
er... sorry don't get you adivce.... :confused:
go ebay to check for DSLR that use AA batteries? or to look for AA batteries?

Rgds
Jacky
 

poh6702

New Member
May 8, 2004
999
1
0
#18
Azure said:
All three - S1 Pro, S2 Pro, S3 Pro can, and do, use only AA batteries without needing the CR123s. For the S1/S2, the optional CR123s are to power the pop-up flash.

For the S2/S3, a charged set of Sanyo2500's can last easily 400-500 shots. Of course, persistent use of LCD for reviewing the shots can help dain the batts a bit. Likewise the use with VR lenses.
Hi Azure,

My understanding is that S1/S2 Pro need the CR123s to power the camera engine and AA is to power the digital circult, you need both in order for the camera to work. Just confirmed with my S1 Pro, it needs both batteries to work.
 

Cactus jACK

Moderator
Staff member
Jul 12, 2004
3,933
3
38
Singapore (Kallang)
#19
poh6702 said:
My understanding is that S1/S2 Pro need the CR123s to power the camera engine and AA is to power the digital circult, you need both in order for the camera to work. Just confirmed with my S1 Pro, it needs both batteries to work.
my understanding is that the CR123s are used for the built-in flash as well as the AF on the S2pro (not sure about the S1pro/S3pro). without the CR123s, the built-in / pop-up flash will not work (no power), however, power for AF will be diverted from the AA batts.

so, the s2pro can work with the 4xAA alone (without the 2xCR123 batts), but the batts will not last as long becuase "additional" power is used from the AAs to power the AF.
 

kthan

Senior Member
May 6, 2003
2,279
0
0
www.picturecd.com
#20
Cactus jACK said:
my understanding is that the CR123s are used for the built-in flash as well as the AF on the S2pro (not sure about the S1pro/S3pro). without the CR123s, the built-in / pop-up flash will not work (no power), however, power for AF will be diverted from the AA batts.

so, the s2pro can work with the 4xAA alone (without the 2xCR123 batts), but the batts will not last as long becuase "additional" power is used from the AAs to power the AF.
correct!

actually it should last "long" enuff. So long as u have an extra set of AAs, should last a day of shooting.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom