DSLR Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
The S5 Pro uses Nikon lenses.

And does it matter if a company has 1,000 compatible lenses if in the end you'll only use the 3-5 that all manufacturers have?
can build towers with lenses..

everyone's dream :angel:

Thanks for the recommendation for the S5 pro. was reading up a review of it on dpreview but i am not quite sure about the number of compatible lenses. anyone to further explain on it ? cos from what i found out i think canon has the widest range of compatible lenses.

D40 is a good camera with good image quality. if you want a nikon for its wide range of lenses, then d40 won't satisfy you coz it's AF only works on AF-S lens. unless you can live with manual focussing. if you can increase your budget to 2-2.5k as jnet6 said (which i agree), then i would recommend the D300. it would be more than enough to meet your need. my friend is purchasing it tomorrow.hehhee... then you won't need to change to any other camera for years.

do you have any experience with any dSLR? if you used canon before, you would be more likely to be more comfortable if you buy a canon dSLR (450d).:D

Thanks all for the input. I think i am like torn between fuji and canon. any one with both systems to help with choosing ?

1-1.5k budget..

I would get a canon 450d kit 1 which cost ard 1.1k and the rest of the budget still can be used to purchase additional batteries, filters, cards, tripod or bag..
40D is out of budget unless u get a really gd buy in the B&S section...
D300 is even out of budget, even 2nd hand is also out of budget....

as nightrazer said a 450d is a good purchase. a good image can be produced using any camera though. don't overexercise you brain for which camera but more likely how to get better picture as time goes.

LOL i change from canon to FUJI! Canon entry lvl cam got no weather sealing, bad egronomics, and low dynamic range. poorer out of cam skintone also. IF wan take canon straight go to a 40d, entry lvl ones AF sometimes cannot lock.

thanks for all the replies. any comments if i were to go for the S5pro ? what lenses should i pair it up with ?

you can use kit lens(18-55, 18-70) for landscape, 50 prime for portrait.

you can use kit lens(18-55, 18-70) for landscape, 50 prime for portrait.

Hi, with reference to the kit lens you mean the lens that comes with the S5Pro set ??? Cos from what i read the set sold only comes with the S5pro body.

18-55 is d40/40x/60 kit lens, 18-70 is d70/70s kit lens. S5 pro doesnt come with any lenses.

sony?? your budget sure can get a new one... because you dun hv a dslr now.. so it doesnt matter which one you choose... cos you are starting a new system... so its better keep your mind open rather than too brand conscience.. if you havent buy yet i would recommend it put it next to your fuji and canon list... no harm.. no money spend on this one...

Got money get a a700, unless u need live view , then a300-350. Much better value for money.
Do your own research on the cameras , all the data is available to make a decision. Unless u have tons of existing nikon or canon lenses existing , there no reason to stick with them. Don't forget nikon sensors come from sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.