DSLR Reccomendations

Wow your going straight for the 50 1.4...:D
Ever considered the Sigma 30 1.4?
I'd actually recommend a bigger dry cabinet. I bought a 60L as my first dry cabinet, back then it seemed so big. But now abt 4 years later, its not big enough haha.
If your going to put a cheap filter, then there's no point in having a filter. Putting a cheap filter is like buying a sports car and then pump in 92 :dunno:Why not consider using this instead http://www.artworkfoto.com/mcuv.html
Their reasonably priced and their multi coated.

i am using that. i paid $21 for it. OMG

value for money i would say..

don't worry a few days of settings will automatically get it right :)

Quite confusing for the Dry Cabinets too.
So many types & brands.
No idea which is good.

I was considering to get a little bigger one, perhaps 48L or 60L one.

Quite confusing for the Dry Cabinets too.
So many types & brands.
No idea which is good.

I was considering to get a little bigger one, perhaps 48L or 60L one.

I'm using a "Digicabi HD-60" its an analog one. It did take a few days to set up but once done it hasn't failed me since. 60L is a good size if u plan to have more lenses, camera bodies, flashes all that. Its always better to have more ;)

i am using that. i paid $21 for it. OMG

Top up $10+ more and you can get one of the best affordable filters for protection.

Nikon NC filter FTW. Only problem is that it's hard to clean.

I'm using a "Digicabi HD-60" its an analog one. It did take a few days to set up but once done it hasn't failed me since. 60L is a good size if u plan to have more lenses, camera bodies, flashes all that. Its always better to have more ;)

i am using DigiCab as well :)

value for money i would say..

don't worry a few days of settings will automatically get it right :)

What setting should be set?
No idea how to use a Dry Cabinet.. :p

Thought just plug in and the Dry Cabinet will ownself know what temp to set?

Top up $10+ more and you can get one of the best affordable filters for protection.

Nikon NC filter FTW. Only problem is that it's hard to clean.

Care to elaborate the "hard to clean" part? Nikon NCs will be part of my considerations...

What setting should be set?
No idea how to use a Dry Cabinet.. :p

Thought just plug in and the Dry Cabinet will ownself know what temp to set?

For AD series,you'll have to turn the dial to 12-1 o clock position for 40-45% RH.

For DHC series,you just have to key in your desired RH and the dry cab will set for you:)

Care to elaborate the "hard to clean" part? Nikon NCs will be part of my considerations...

I've had a strand of hair stuck between the thread and the glass a few times before.

If you accidentally get a fingerprint on the filter, it takes more effort to wipe off than you would for a B+W filter.

It also somehow seems to attract quite a fair bit of dust.

* Disclaimer: I rarely use a lens cap with the particular lens that I have this "problematic" filter on.

I've had a strand of hair stuck between the thread and the glass a few times before.

If you accidentally get a fingerprint on the filter, it takes more effort to wipe off than you would for a B+W filter.

It also somehow seems to attract quite a fair bit of dust.

* Disclaimer: I rarely use a lens cap with the particular lens that I have this "problematic" filter on.

Thanks for the clarifications. I will keep this in mind.