DSLR Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
But of course if you already have a reputation then its different. I'm just saying it will be EASIER?

the pictures do all the talking, not any reputation, or what.. ;)

there are people who know how to hype themselves up, but at the end of the day, produce nonsense, sooner or later will become nothing.

marketing ,business and people skills should not be a problem for me as i already doing online n offline biz too and used to be a marketing manager. So for this part i am not worried. I am more worry on the skillset part etc. I would love to be a wedding photographer, love to capture the happy moments of a couple and would like to take the most beauty shot for them to remember at.

SuccessEnroute said:
i am not asking that a noobie must get what camera to take wedding shoots, pls dont mix 2 questions together, ok? i am asking what camera is good enough to take quality wedding shoots? Pls open your eyes and read carefully.

the part in red tallies with the part in blue. especially since most wedding photographers want to do it for sideline $$$... :bsmilie: and loads of them have that cool cool line in blue there on their own website.. :) then they come around and complain earn not enough, tough job, etc...

but the part in orange is debatable, based on the part in green. :bsmilie:

without considering the proficiency of photography skills, anyone want to be a wedding photographer is very easy and simple,

all he/she need to do is to print a lot of name cards or set up a website, and start telling whoever he/she knows, his/her family members, relatives, friends from kindergarten till today, people he/she meets online or on the street that he/she is a wedding photographer now. Many people already done that, not a difficult thing to do actually, we have seen new faces everyday.

the hardest part is to let many people consistently engage his/her service, and refer people they know to him/her for his/her service years after years.

so u all meaning u can just anyhow get a normal carmera which have restricted function to get limit your capability? So what if you have the best skillset in the world but your camera limit your skills?? why not u use normal digital camera then, why use dslr then??? digital camera even more cost justafiable, 200 to 300 plus can get one already, then why dont pros use it since they only consider skills only.

It is just like competing in a F1 race, all the pple are driving a f1 cars while you just driving a 1.3Litres van or car, do u think u will win the race even u got the best skill in the world??? Do u all get my point???

so u all meaning u can just anyhow get a normal carmera which have restricted function to get limit your capability? So what if you have the best skillset in the world but your camera limit your skills?? why not u use normal digital camera then, why use dslr then??? digital camera even more cost justafiable, 200 to 300 plus can get one already, then why dont pros use it since they only consider skills only.

It is just like competing in a F1 race, all the pple are driving a f1 cars while you just driving a 1.3Litres van or car, do u think u will win the race even u got the best skill in the world??? Do u all get my point???

If u want to do, do to the best with the best equipment, dont do sub standard quality or give sub standard products!

the pictures do all the talking, not any reputation, or what.. ;)

there are people who know how to hype themselves up, but at the end of the day, produce nonsense, sooner or later will become nothing.

Hmm, by reputation, I meant reputation of taking gd pics with lower end model cam. Tink thats what we all agree.

Actually my post meant, a reasonably gd photographer may get a job easier if he has a 'pro' cam as compared to using a lower end model?..maybe.

I'm only saying Impression/presentation do counts, a lot at times. Its the same as why portfolio are printed into nice albums and not slotted into plastic folders bought in Popular. The photos may be the same no doubt.:)

If u want to do, do to the best with the best equipment, dont do sub standard quality or give sub standard products!

You are using extreme analogies and arguments, neither of which is reflective of the situation.

Do we need decent gears to take good wedding photos? I would say yes.
Do we need skills to take good photos? i would say yes.
What gear is good for what skill level? That's the tough question, as skill level and good photos are all subjective.

Just because we are saying that top gear is not absolutely necessary doesnt mean we are saying only low end gear is needed.

Last edited:
Your argument is extremely weak and childish. Who in their right mind would even bother using a 1.3l car to race with an F1 car? Highly improbable scenario

i'm sorry if i had mislead u.

but go ahead and practise with ur d5000.

find out the limitation of ur d5000 n len b4 decidin on what to upgrade.

most of the time, a change in len can yield better results n more learning experience than a new body.

Your argument is extremely weak and childish. Who in their right mind would even bother using a 1.3l car to race with an F1 car? Highly improbable scenario

this is probable and not childish. What u all say is saying that with the skills, u all are the king liao, dont need good camera. arent u all saying like dat? from all the post, u all are just saying with skills is enuff, camera models not impt, so isnt this the same as the example i quoted? skill enuff, cars model not impt

I had just being given a Nikon DSLR D5000 as a gift. I would like to hear the review of this model? Is it good enough for a freelance photographer to take wedding shoots (ROM,Pre Wedding & Actual Day)?

Is it difficult to become a photographer for ROM, Pre Wedding and Actual Day Wedding for a totally noobie like me? I wanted to become one but i am not sure how to start to be one.

you just recieved your nikon DSLR D5000 and you stated that you are totally noobie. instead of worrying about equipment limiting your capability/skills, why not brush up or master on your skills 1st? ;)

Last edited:

you are so emo,

are you sure your people skills are up to par?

you need to open up your eyes, look around more. what we're saying isn't that equipment isn't important. it's just not THAT important.

if you want to use extreme examples, very simple lor.. f1 car versus 1.3 litre van or car.. i give you a 3 year old kid whose leg cannot reach the pedal for f1 car, and put a half blind ah pek in the 1.3 litre van or car, the 1.3 litre thing that you think is very lousy will win.

it is simple concept, why you so against it? if i put a person with a good eye who knows how to use cameras with a p&s.. pit him against a person with nonsensical knowledge with the most expensive dslr.. we all know which one would win anyday.

of course, if two people, both with good eyes; one use dslr, one use p&s, the dslr user would probably get "nicer" shots.. but the point is, both USER and CAMERA count.. ;)

ask you, if you put a newbie driver in a f1 car, how soon will it be before he crashes the car , because he doesn't know how to use it?

Last edited:
marketing ,business and people skills should not be a problem for me as i already doing online n offline biz too and used to be a marketing manager. So for this part i am not worried. I am more worry on the skillset part etc. I would love to be a wedding photographer, love to capture the happy moments of a couple and would like to take the most beauty shot for them to remember at.

Based on your argumentative approach in this simple topic....:think:

you just recieved your nikon DSLR D5000 and you stated that you are totally noobie. instead of worrying about equipment limiting your capability/skills, why not brush up or master on your skills 1st? ;)

i think he is more interested in arguing that equipment is more important than him.

:) if that were the case, nikon and canon won't bother sourcing out professional photographers who are good to prove their point.. they can make it good marketing by throwing d3s/mark d III at random normal people, then these people become godlike photographers. :bsmilie:

the part in red tallies with the part in blue. especially since most wedding photographers want to do it for sideline $$$... :bsmilie: and loads of them have that cool cool line in blue there on their own website.. :) then they come around and complain earn not enough, tough job, etc...

but the part in orange is debatable, based on the part in green. :bsmilie:

AND u must be the one to stir the pot as usual..lol:bsmilie:
Aiyoh, seeing some of the heated response to a simple discussion thread, I better take my leave and duck..haha:)

Hmm, by reputation, I meant reputation of taking gd pics with lower end model cam. Tink thats what we all agree.

Actually my post meant, a reasonably gd photographer may get a job easier if he has a 'pro' cam as compared to using a lower end model?..maybe.

I'm only saying Impression/presentation do counts, a lot at times. Its the same as why portfolio are printed into nice albums and not slotted into plastic folders bought in Popular. The photos may be the same no doubt.:)

perhaps.. it depends on the client also.

the thing is, not everyone is blown away with bigger cameras..

and i agree, impression counts. it is called signalling, if someone can only afford popular plastic folders, you will think: this guy doesn't seem to be earning much, are you sure he is good enough? :)

Based on your argumentative approach in this simple topic....:think:

simple... pro dont need dslr at all, they can just use normal digital camera, that is the conclusion from the all the posts.

I didnt say i dont want to brush up my skills, i only ask a simple question, what is a good model for freelance photographer to take good wedding shoots. I never ask for anything else that is not related to my questions and tonnes of u all kept posting irrelevant to my questions.

why cant u all just say whether d5000 good enuff or just other models better and comment on this rather on what pro skill or no skill. look at daredevil, he is giving good comments, i appreciate this type of comments, not those type of useless ones. There are just some senior member who like to go around forums and kwai lan with noobies.

Yes i am a noobie but i didnt say i want to start immediately to charge pple for it. I am just merely asking a simple question, the camera model good enuff for wedding, thats it. why do u need to care about my skill or not, over the time i definitely go and brush up and improve my skills, that is no doubt about it and common sense about it. I am not here to just ask questions and forget about it, i am serious in this,thats y i ask for advice and look what i get from u all??

why cant u all just say whether d5000 good enuff or just other models better and comment on this rather on what pro skill or no skill. look at daredevil, he is giving good comments, i appreciate this type of comments, not those type of useless ones. There are just some senior member who like to go around forums and kwai lan with noobies.

I open my eye big big and tell you, Nikon D5000 is good enough to take wedding photos.

Ok, to put an end to the miscommunications.

A D5000 is more than good enough to take good wedding photographs. You need to pair it with good lenses capable of low light photography.

1) yes, d5000 is good enough, skill-set more important than camera body when it comes to capturing good wedding photos, of course with better equipment you can do MORE THINGS, doesn't mean you cannot do anything

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

let me save you here!

Wah piang, your self-proclaimed People skills is fail lah :thumbsd:

Since you're already so single-minded about needing good equipments to take wedding, then why bother asking for advise in the first place? And then when people give advise, you emo :sweat:
Wedding photographer cannot be like that lah. If your customers or their frens and relatives make a bad comment about some of your shots, are you going to argue with them too??
Hey!! This photo is taken using D3x ok?! It's a GOOD photo.

Camera equipments are not just about camera body, lenses and flashes play an important role in wedding photography too. Not so simple as having a good camera lah.

And about your F1 theory, if YOU are driving in an F1 car and Schumacher is driving a Van, my bet will be on the Van cause you will crash in the first turn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.