Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kazu

Which one of the following is better?

1. Canon D60
2. Nikon D100
3. Fujifilm S2 Pro

Planning to invest in one of these in the future...

What are their prices?

Are their Lens costly?

Originally posted by togu
Buy 1 by 1 to test. :p

Okie....so when r u free to buy for me?:D

Originally posted by Kazu

1. Canon D60
2. Nikon D100
3. Fujifilm S2 Pro

What are their prices?

Are their Lens costly?

go to cathayphoto and ask for brochures

Okie....so when r u free to buy for me?:D

Wait till I get mine first. :p

Hrm, but I'll personally prefer the s2pro, for it's colours. I'm not a serious photographer anyway.

1. Canon D60
2. Nikon D100
3. Fujifilm S2 Pro

What are their prices?

Are their Lens costly?

rent from me first before you buy :p

Some REAL answers:

Canon D60 uses Canon EF lens system, which is slightly cheaper than Nikon equivalent, and uniformly compatible across the range. It uses a CMOS sensor, which supposedly gives a "cleaner" less noisy image, and is also prone to less dust problem (CCD apparently attracts more dust). The more expensive Canon lenses are also supposed to be slightly better optically. The main complaint about the D60 is relatively poor autofocus in low light conditions.

Nikon D100 and Fuji S2 Pro are Nikon systems. If you already have Nikon lenses or a Nikon SLR system then these would be logical choices. S2 Pro supposed to have some image quality problems. D100 is based on F80 body, I think, which is supposed to be a cheaper consumer body.

If you do not have any SLR lenses at the moment, take note that there are third party equivalents (eg Sigma, Tamron and Tokina) for both Canon and Nikon mounts, so you can build up a competent system for any of these cameras fairly cheaply if you are not too much into brand names. But the resale value of third party lenses are pretty poor.

The facts about the D60 are accurate as far as I know. The stuff I mentioned about the Nikon system is merely hearsay, since I'm not familiar with Nikons in general.

Originally posted by StreetShooter
Some REAL answers:

Canon D60 uses Canon EF lens system, which is slightly cheaper than Nikon equivalent, and uniformly compatible across the range. It uses a CMOS sensor, which supposedly gives a "cleaner" less noisy image, and is also prone to less dust problem (CCD apparently attracts more dust). The more expensive Canon lenses are also supposed to be slightly better optically. The main complaint about the D60 is relatively poor autofocus in low light conditions.

Nikon D100 and Fuji S2 Pro are Nikon systems. If you already have Nikon lenses or a Nikon SLR system then these would be logical choices. S2 Pro supposed to have some image quality problems. D100 is based on F80 body, I think, which is supposed to be a cheaper consumer body.

If you do not have any SLR lenses at the moment, take note that there are third party equivalents (eg Sigma, Tamron and Tokina) for both Canon and Nikon mounts, so you can build up a competent system for any of these cameras fairly cheaply if you are not too much into brand names. But the resale value of third party lenses are pretty poor.

The facts about the D60 are accurate as far as I know. The stuff I mentioned about the Nikon system is merely hearsay, since I'm not familiar with Nikons in general.

Actually I just hope to upgrade 1 yr from now to a DSLR.
Still new to photography..still have alot to learn.

Originally posted by mylau

rent from me first before you buy :p

How do you find ur D60?

maybe we could meet up in the future to shoot then u can show me ur cam.

How do you find ur D60?

maybe we could meet up in the future to shoot then u can show me ur cam.

heh..heh..show you and then you cannot tahan and then you will:

BUY! BUY! BUY!

Status
Not open for further replies.