DSLR purchasers

Status
Not open for further replies.
me lo :D But in the end after some thoughts i backed out.. DSLR is simply too over my budget la although i love hafing one.. so ended up getting a more "within my budget" film cam in cash.. actually pay 1 shot in hard cash is better.. ;) think hard n plan b4 u buy.. anyway some info la - EOS10D by installments is $130 per/mth from harvy norman for 24 mths.. :D

Originally posted by Jer76
me lo :D But in the end after some thoughts i backed out.. DSLR is simply too over my budget la although i love hafing one.. so ended up getting a more "within my budget" film cam in cash.. actually pay 1 shot in hard cash is better.. ;) think hard n plan b4 u buy.. anyway some info la - EOS10D by installments is $130 per/mth from harvy norman for 24 mths.. :D

I seen someone posting that harvy horman provides 3 years warranty for all digital cams ? True ? :dunno: Actually I wanted to pay by 12 months so the interest might be lower..

there are interest-free installment plans if u use certain credit cards. Standard Chartered credit cards also offer interest free Easi Pay schemes.

But think really hard before committing. The worst feeling is to have to pay instalment every month. It may seem little every month, but every single expenditure builds up to be significant. You already have a very good and complete camera system. If you get a DSLR, everything starts from scratch again, like getting lenses, flashes etc. It's not going to be cheap, and trust me, you'll yearn for better and more expensive stuffs.

Just my reminder....if you think you're ready, go for it! Try to pay one shot in cash.

Hahah....i have to agree......Start from scratch...and you will start scratching your head!!!!

I juz help a friend calculate new Film SLR setup....
Body+Flash+50mm+100mm+70-300+24-105+Tripod+
Drybox+Accesories......shumed up to abotu $5K (New).....

Wah imagine DSLR which was his initial intention will be about 7K!!!!!!!!!

Stick to what you have ......unless you earn money from it!!!!.....

Regards,
me

Originally posted by majere2sg
I seen someone posting that harvy horman provides 3 years warranty for all digital cams ? True ? :dunno: Actually I wanted to pay by 12 months so the interest might be lower..

three years warranty comes only if u purchase an extended warranty which can sum up to a couple of hundreds depending on the equip price.

A friend of mine bought S2Pro from AP recently using credit card with a 0% interest installment plan. He had to pay 5% more to AP for using CC. 12 months installment.

Think he is better off now, saved a lot $$ on slides, use his exisiting Nikon lens. The pics he got are more statisfying now. And he is using his cam for his personal business. Overall, he spent about $3000++.

He is saving and buying as his needs arises.

Installment is not a bad thing. Make sure u have the means to pay the installments within 6-12 months. Any longer is not adviseable.

hmm 12 mth is by credit card company.. interest free.. but must make sure u pay faithfully every mth.. oh ya the 24 mths i mentioned is interest free using pay slip instead of credit card so u dun need to own a credit card to go interest free :)

hmm 12 mth is by credit card company.. interest free.. but must make sure u pay faithfully every mth.. oh ya the 24 mths i mentioned is interest free using pay slip instead of credit card so u dun need to own a credit card to go interest free :)

interest free ?? but 24 x $130 adds up to $3120.. doesn't look interest free to me :p

interest free ?? but 24 x $130 adds up to $3120.. doesn't look interest free to me :p

You should know that prices in major shopping retailers are never competitive. Alternative is sign with credit card at CP who doesn't charge any additional penalty and apply for interest free installments directly to the cc bank.

Generally though, it'll still be best to be free from all these kind of debts. ;)

u want exact ar? ok.. 23 mths $130.. last mth $109.. the retail price for 10D at harvy norman is $3099 i tink..

u want exact ar? ok.. 23 mths $130.. last mth $109.. the retail price for 10D at harvy norman is $3099 i tink..

Oic.. So does it applies for other digicams too for the interest free installments ? Just show them ur pay slip will do ? the lastest pay slip ? Do they approved it on the same day or you have to wait a few days for their replies ? Thanks.

Oic.. So does it applies for other digicams too for the interest free installments ? Just show them ur pay slip will do ? the lastest pay slip ? Do they approved it on the same day or you have to wait a few days for their replies ? Thanks.

Hmm other digi cams i dunno lei u haf to ask.. haf to wait for a few days for their replies :D

If you purchase by installment, normally the shop will charge Standard Retail prices, which is often 400 - 500 more then Street Retail price.

I got the EOS 10D body for 2570, that is effectively 500 cheaper then Havary Norman ;), which sells the camera at standard retail price for 3099.

About 20% cheaper ;).

i think u must ask urself,Do u really need the DSLR ?Are u using it professionally?Is the X factor of owning one really worth the debt ?
IMO,i dun think it is worth it if u just wanna own one *cool* camera and put urself into debts for 2 yrs..:thumbsd:

What issit dat the DLSR have in advantage to digicam ?i guess only the ability to change lens nia.

regards

Originally posted by kex
What issit dat the DLSR have in advantage to digicam ?i guess only the ability to change lens nia.

i'm pretty sure you're going to get flamed for that statement.

Originally posted by kex
i think u must ask urself,Do u really need the DSLR ?Are u using it professionally?Is the X factor of owning one really worth the debt ?
IMO,i dun think it is worth it if u just wanna own one *cool* camera and put urself into debts for 2 yrs..:thumbsd:

regards

I don't know if anyone wants to own a DSLR juz to look cool... Expensive toy! But to pay by installment is painful... cos in that 2 years, you will probably see at least 2 new models out....if not more.

As for how DSLR better than digicams...WOW! Many!!! Much faster AF, no shutter lag, less grainy even at ISO 400 or even 800. A good DSLR at ISO 400 can match a digicam's ISO 50 or 100. These are some good enough reasons to get one. There are many more. Of course, if you have no need for such features, you'll find it hard to understand DSLRs.

Originally posted by Fella
Alternative is sign with credit card at CP who doesn't charge any additional penalty and apply for interest free installments directly to the cc bank.
Are you sure you don't need to pay any additional charge beyond the 4% GST? CP also charge 2% extra if you pay by credit card.

All I can say is that DSLR or SLR for that matter would allow you to take some pictures (Thanks to the shallow DOF) that DC would not be able to ;)

But pls dun get yourself into debt becos you wana buy get a DSLR to look cool or simply you can't afford it at the moment. Its not worth it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.