DSLR & PnS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragos

Jan 17, 2002
Apex Circle
www.adamteo.net
Other than Canon DSLRs, do you have any P&S cams?

Or u bring your beloved dslrs wherever u go??

Thinking of getting a Panasonic LX1 or FX9.....:)

dragos said:
Other than Canon DSLRs, do you have any P&S cams?

Or u bring your beloved dslrs wherever u go??

I have both a 350D and an Ixus 400.
For overseas holidays and long business assignments, I'll bring the DSLR.
For short business trips and certain countries (e.g. Indonesia, Middle Eastern countries... etc), I'll bring the Ixus.

EOS 300D with 1 L zoom and 3 primes
And a G2.

Sometimes on certain trips I bring the G2 as it is lighter and less bulky

Good to have 1 PNS camera. I have the Canon A80, in my bag most of the time.

The A40 was the camera that started me on photography, and though it's infrequently used now, it's still the first thing I would pull out if I decided to do some macro shooting for the day. With a little magnifying glass blue-tacked to the tip of the camera lens, it's a good tool.

But for all other photography, the DSLR + kit lens is the one I would carry with me. For more serious trips, it's 'full battle order' with tripod and all. :bsmilie:

dragos said:

Just out of interest, would you also consider the Fuji F10 or F11 because of its higher ISO ability? This is perhaps THE compact I would take if I ever wanted to buy a new one.

Read that F11 has good high-ISO capability, but the only thing that puts me off it's the fact it uses xD cards. :( I'm also looking into getting a PnS to complement my DSLR; wonder if any PnS experts out there that can recommend a good and cheap model?

Ah Pao said:
Read that F11 has good high-ISO capability, but the only thing that puts me off it's the fact it uses xD cards. :( I'm also looking into getting a PnS to complement my DSLR; wonder if any PnS experts out there that can recommend a good and cheap model?

Ricoh GR Digital
:thumbsup:

I've got a G5! ;p

i originally wanted to buy a pns

than later i realised that my 300d doubles as a pns. can change lens as well. also saves $ from buying a separate pns. hehe

icarus said:
Ricoh GR Digital
:thumbsup:

You sponsor me? In return for the rolls of film? :bsmilie: I can throw in a few more Provias for that; just got fresh stock in my fridge...

user111 said:
than later i realised that my 300d doubles as a pns. can change lens as well. also saves $ from buying a separate pns. hehe

Everytime I bring my 350D out, it's the whole works in a separate bag, and it can get a bit cumbersome especially when I already have a backpack for the other barang-barangs. Thinking a small PnS can be stashed into my backpack so it's ready for action anytime!

Ah Pao said:
Everytime I bring my 350D out, it's the whole works in a separate bag, and it can get a bit cumbersome especially when I already have a backpack for the other barang-barangs. Thinking a small PnS can be stashed into my backpack so it's ready for action anytime!

That's the trouble with backpacks. Very secure and easy to carry around all day, but it's a conflict in itself since carrying two backpacks would be cumbersome.

At first, I wanted a small backpack that would be just big enough to carry my equipment (very few pieces), but in the end I opted for a backpack that was a little larger. That left me with a lot of additional space. I forsee that snacks and even a water pack can be fitted in when I do go for family trips overseas in the future.

I have a DSLR, and also a Canon Ixus40. For sightseeing holidays, I would bring my DSLR. For shopping holidays, or short trips to HK, BKK, KL, I usually bring my Ixus40. It's so small and portable. Not to forget my SE camera phone. :)

Ah Pao said:

Hi, what do you think of a S2 IS? That would be something i would get as a P&S cam to complement my DSLR.

Status
Not open for further replies.