DSLR owners - Do you own a 2nd/backup body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garion

Nov 26, 2002
West side of S'pore
Visit site
Just curious to find out. Do u guys (and gals) own a 2nd body? Or just one? Compacts/prosumer digicams not counted, just SLR bodies, be it digital or film.

Yes I own 2 backups in fact, but both are nikon film bodies while my DSLR is a canon. Gosh I am confused alright. Hahahahaha.

cannot say backup, use 2 bodies at the same time with different zoom lens.
then has the 3rd one, a pocket size DC for GF to shoot me, wahahaha.
:bsmilie:

Yes, has 3 other film SLRs. but I wouldn't say they are backup, but rather used for different purpose like FF capability (I don't own any FF DSLR). Also film gives a different feel to a pic. Last but not least, sometimes when I am just in the mood for film rather then digital. Nostalgic bug bite me perhaps.:bsmilie:

Using a film SLR for wide angle to avoid having to get an ultra-wide angle lens.
However, same brand so can still use the same lenses.
Is that backing up or two different systems?

one film body. good for B&W

Garion said:
Just curious to find out. Do u guys (and gals) own a 2nd body? Or just one? Compacts/prosumer digicams not counted, just SLR bodies, be it digital or film.

Ya normally use one dslr with long zoom and other with wide zoom on. I can cover from 12 - 120 or 17 - 200 depending on what lenses I mount on the dslr. Usually its 17-35 and 70-200. Alternatively it is 12 -24 and 24 -120. Occasionally in dim light conditions I will carry 50 1.4 and the 12-24. So 2 dslr are necessary. Of course I'm referring to the lens range, u need to consider the 1.5x factor for the dslrs.

I only own one digital body Dynax 5D. My wife will kill me if I bought another.

3 DSLR's. Not backups, just different results.

The old film SLR is not really a backup body I guess, but just a camera that I use for a different kind of photography...specifically ultrawide shots and street, however I don't know how long it's going to be around. Sometimes I do debate the value of having a second system around when a separate digital compact would probably do a good job as well.

2 dslrs, 1 main workhse, 1 backup...or sometimes when i feel like it, different lens on different bodies..

I take photos as a hobby. Don't think I need a 2nd/backup body. Only to weight me down. If travelling, 1 dSLR and 1 handycam looks enough for me. Use Camera phone as a backup :bsmilie: .

Regards,
Arto.

I use Film SLR as backup or for other purposes like FF.

Tried it once when I managed to borrow a 2nd body. Main is 18-200, the other is 85. Aside from feeling kiasu (my own insecurity), it is really great compared to changing lens. But my main body date is 3 days behind (wrong date) so had a hard time renaming to follow chronology.

kept my old Film SLR and planning to get another DSRL when the time is right

different camera for different purpose (read with different lens) = no dust on sensor :)

s2 pro main body, d70s 'spare' body & FM2 emergency 'back-up' body.

thought of selling my d70s..anyone keen? hehe...

Status
Not open for further replies.