DSLR owners: do u own a compact digicam as well?

DSLR owners: do you own a compact digicam as well?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garion

Nov 26, 2002
West side of S'pore
Visit site
Just curious to find out: for those of you who own DSLRs, do you have a compact/ P & S digicam as well? For e.g, the Ixus 400, Ixus V3, A60/70, probably the G2/3/5 can be considered as well.

I think that having a compact digital is quite useful when you don't want to lug around all that heavy gear and bags with you when you go someplace and when your main aim is not for photography purposes, e.g when travelling overseas or on vacation etc. I think that it would make a nice complement to a DSLR, i.e. use the compact as a carry around, fun cam while the DSLR is reserved for more serious photography or for events etc. Just my 2 cts.

Post your thoughts and comments! (and remember to vote as well!) ;)

If I got no DSLR :eek:, can I vote? :embrass:

But I think it's a norm to have a compact DC around people who own large bodies. It's convenient and sometimes saving the effort of fiddling with settings to get a shot. Great for outings and parties :)

I would have my Kodak DC220, or Canon IXUS II with me when without my 10D.

i carry a GR1V sometimes. It's film based, and amazingly small and sharp; fixed 28mm lens. Picture quality rivals SLR lenses.

yes, i dun carry my 1D for my family outings. i carry an ixus 400.

Wow so far 21 respondents out of 25 (84%) have stated that they have a compact digital too...very interesting...keep those votes coming in! BTW what models do u guys have? Dun just vote leh, state ur model also! Juz curious to noe. ;p

I'm using an A70 as my carry around, btw.

mpenza said:
I'm going to get one...
So which one u gonna get? :D

Like to get one as well. Will see how it goes when 828 arrives here. :)

Its always good to have one compact digicam around. Its good for taking cover shots, to tell yourself roughly what you are goin to shoot. Then later bring in your best cam or DSLR. Good when comes to events like national day where they have many rehersals.

My Ixus V3 is always with me when I travel (a week or so in a month) all over Asia Pacific. :cool:

My DiMage 7Hi is always with me when I just go out in Jakarta (for the unexpected moments) :D

My S2 Pro......... I cannot remember when last time I turned it on :sweat: , probably only use it every a couple of months, when local photography club has an outing or something like that, or a big event like relatives' wedding.

if a DSLR is not even practical to carry for the unexpected moments, do not expect it is practical for travelling :sweatsm:

I'm using Canon G1 & D30

Advantages of having additional Digicam
- G Series particularly useful with flip LCD (can take shots above your head)
- Movie Mode (flexibility)
- Can let other ppl use to take photos on your behalf (esp if you want to be in the shot)
- Portable (about half the weight and size!)

Useful if the digicam complements DSLR system in terms of accessories. For me, my G1 and D30 uses same batteries, charger, ext flash, memory.

Canon EOS D30 + FujiFilm S602z/Canon A40 :)

dbcs said:
Useful if the digicam complements DSLR system in terms of accessories. For me, my G1 and D30 uses same batteries, charger, ext flash, memory.
Yah thats cool....hehe....G series is a bit bulky tho. But at least got a hotshoe that u can share the flash with.

junyang said:
Canon EOS D30 + FujiFilm S602z/Canon A40 :)
Wah...steady bom pi pi!! :eek:

Me and my trusty A40, but now too into 300D, so i passed my A40 to my GF. :D

Carries my Sony Cyber Shot U-60 with me almost all the time. Bought this model for it's water resistance casing, as I carry it with me with I go cycling. And having that means I don't have to wrap it in a ziplock bag to prevent the perspiration or rain from getting into the camera!

Had it with me while riding in the rain for more than a few occassions and it's been tested and proven in the deep end (less than 1.5 of course) of the pool as well:)

thoa_rs said:
I'm using a D60 now... :embrass:
Wow ic....good to hear that...at least u can still use your existing flash and lenses...initially thought u had wanted to switch over to the big "N"... :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.