Dslr or mirrorless camera

maran2376

Nov 10, 2017
Johor Bahru
Hi I'm new to this site.Last time I used Canon eos 88 slr camera.I used it for a ameture photography.Now planning to buy a new dslr camera again but I'm a bit confuse which one to choose since there is a mirrorless camera entry now'adays.I like the mirrorless camera designs and additional functions but some cheaper model is lack of flash hot shoe and view finder.Can you guys suggest me which one to consider to buy (dslr or mirrorless camera)?My budget is around RM2000 only.

even my old sgd80 Pana gx1 have hotshoe lah, mount other brands only makes it manual. But I'm a full manual user in everything. Where you see which mirrorless no hotshoe or viewfinder one???? Boils down to what you can do with it

Welcome to ClubSNAP.
Technically, both concepts offer the same features and functions that one would use to capture images. Similarly to DSLR, the mirrorless cameras have high end models and amateur models. So it rather boils down to your own personal preferences:
- weight, size that you are willing to accept
- any existing lenses you want to use
- optical versus electronic viewfinder
Best advice is to head down to any department store that has a wide range on display. If you want to stick with Canon and looking at amateur range, then check
- DSLR: 750D, 760D, 800D, 77D, 80D
- Mirrorless: M10, M6, M5
For direct comparison of features I recommend DPReview with their 'compare' function.
For your budget you can get some decent second hand models already.

If you are a stills photographer who shoots with speedlights and srobes, an optical viewfinder might be a more pleasant eperience because you can still see and chech focus in the dark.

If you a video shooter, you want a mirrorless with an evf for critical focus and bright sunny days.

If you are a stills photographer who shoots with speedlights and srobes, an optical viewfinder might be a more pleasant eperience because you can still see and chech focus in the dark.

If you a video shooter, you want a mirrorless with an evf for critical focus and bright sunny days.

I think this is where you are wrong

Mirrorless is better for checking focus in the dark

OVF cannot boost image

Interesting. Please share your workflow using mirrorless and strobes for low key lighting.

I don't think he is referring to shooting low key lighting with strobes, I think he is just referring to shooting in low light situations where you can theoretically see better with the boosted evf image (which can also be done in DSLRs with good live views)

However there are also some mirroloess cameras which have an option to turn off the exposure simulation so you can still see and focus for the low key strobe shots

I don't think he is referring to shooting low key lighting with strobes, I think he is just referring to shooting in low light situations where you can theoretically see better with the boosted evf image (which can also be done in DSLRs with good live views)

However there are also some mirroloess cameras which have an option to turn off the exposure simulation so you can still see and focus for the low key strobe shots

Hi

Yes this is correct