DSLR Newbie

guitargeek

Sep 26, 2010
Hi all. I am not new to this forum but I am about to become an owner of my very first DSLR. Currently own a LX5 but will need to sell it off as my parents do not want me to own two cameras.

Gonna go for the D90 or the 550D. Your inputs are most welcomed! Currently undecided but leaning a little towards Nikon due to better user interface. Will be using the camera when traveling and more interested in shooting buildings, interiors, food and people(candid street shooting).

i'm a Sony user...but i'm gonna say the D90. HAHA. i'm just more inclined towards Nikon. but then again, do remember that the camera's a tool to get great photos. it's how you use it.

have a blast with your soon-to-be wife!

Hi welcome to CS!!
Happy shooting!!;)

Hi all. I am not new to this forum but I am about to become an owner of my very first DSLR. Currently own a LX5 but will need to sell it off as my parents do not want me to own two cameras.

Gonna go for the D90 or the 550D. Your inputs are most welcomed! Currently undecided but leaning a little towards Nikon due to better user interface. Will be using the camera when traveling and more interested in shooting buildings, interiors, food and people(candid street shooting).

Both are good cameras and you have already nailed down the biggest difference between them (interface). No wrong with either of the choices.

Welcome to CS... :D

I recently bought my first DSLR as well. I spent weeks researching cameras but in the end I realised that the most important thing is to hold each camera and find out which one feels the best in your hand.

Welcome to CS :)
Both D90 and 550D are very capable camaras. Nothing wrong with either. I believe there are just abt as many users of either one.

welcome to CS . . . ;)

Welcome to CS. Remember to do your homework prior to purchase. Avoid chopper shops that sells you filter at sky rocketing price. :D

Welcome.

If i had to choose, it will be a D90. But that's me.
Other than doing homework on the 2 cams, go out and have a feel of the body in your hands before you decide.:)

welcome to CS!
do a search, do research, the D90 / 550D has been discussed numerous times with no clear winner. so go with what inspires you to take the photographs.

cheers!
:cool:

Welcome to CS and do make your choice carefully, even though the prices are coming down, but it is still an amount that you have to part with to get either. Best thing is to go down to the shops and play with both, the handling, the interface, the weight etc... and choose the one you prefer ultimately. :thumbsup:

Welcome to CS:)