dSLR help

which DSLR is better (photo quality)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

+evenstar

I've got an old Kodak DCS 560, which uses Canon EOS 1N body, and I also have a EOS 300D. Jus like to hear from the pros here, whether the DCS 560 is a better camera than the 300D in terms of photo quality?

DCS 560:
-1N body (more solid feel)
-4MP
-Shoots in TIFF format
-ISO 50-200
-Focus mode selectable
-EF mount only
-No built-in flash
-Built in vertical grip

300D:
-300D body
-6.3MP
-RAW+JPEG
-ISO 100-1600
-Focus mode not selectable
-EF-S mount
-Pop-up flash available
-External battery grip

+evenstar said:
That's because my DCS 560 battery died a few months ago, and I'm not sure whether I should buy a new battery (~$100+) to use it or just stick to my 300D...

Prior to the dead battery, you've never taken a single shot with the 560??

disclaimer *I'M NOT A PRO* can i express my views?

not many ppl have this DCS560 right? if you have the camera and not intending to let it off, why not just buy the battery and not let the camera to waste right?

i will buy the battery if i would you, really!

I think since you are currently not using the DCS, then the likelihood is that you will not be using it frequently also. I suggest you dun buy the battery. I have learnt that this method work best for me - if you currently is not using it often, you are likely not going to use it often. Period. :bsmilie:

henrylim said:
I think since you are currently not using the DCS, then the likelihood is that you will not be using it frequently also. I suggest you dun buy the battery. I have learnt that this method work best for me - if you currently is not using it often, you are likely not going to use it often. Period. :bsmilie:
That's why I'm thinking whether I should start using it again, as it'll be a waste to just leave the camera in my dry box...(camera was bought at $15k when it first came out? and current total shutter count is only <100)

Seriously, a DC can never contest a DSLR no matter how 'cheapo' the DSLR is.
At least for now.

bro... try Ebay lohz... get a batt... dun waste it.... use it as back up cam oso shiok~ :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.