DSLR heaven?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptwong

Nov 10, 2003
Yishun
Hi guys, i was thinking of upgrading when i came upon this question. What happens to your old DSLR when it's not working anymore? I meant like the old D30 or even it's predecessor, after serving you some good years, cmos not working anymore or parts breaks down (not economical to repair) Can't sell as 2nd hand etc. Do you keep it for old time sake? or chuck it away? I was thinking about this because in a few more years time, my 300D might "kapuk" and was wondering what can i do with it?

Get together with a few friends with discontinued models and start yr own Canon museum :bsmilie:

ha....pretty good suggestion...maybe can use it as macro subjects for classes eh?

Use as paperweight?

Or as a decoy camera when travelling or shooting to fool potential thieves?

Or as a very big rear lens cap?

Cheers,

Gather a hundred 300D and create a 10m sculpture to commemorate the cam that brought DSLR technology to the common people. ;p

ptwong said:
Hi guys, i was thinking of upgrading when i came upon this question. What happens to your old DSLR when it's not working anymore? I meant like the old D30 or even it's predecessor, after serving you some good years, cmos not working anymore or parts breaks down (not economical to repair) Can't sell as 2nd hand etc. Do you keep it for old time sake? or chuck it away? I was thinking about this because in a few more years time, my 300D might "kapuk" and was wondering what can i do with it?

Why keep something that doesn't work?

always sell before it breaks down

Hi,

I have an idea for you.

I keep a 5 year old Canon Ixus in my car for use at night. Simply for the flash !!!

If I am driving on a long stretch of road (on the speed limit) and I notice an idiot coming from behind at a fast rate;

Just as he passes me, I let off the flash :bsmilie:

It is amusing to see their brake lights come on .... as they think they have been snapped by a speed radar :devil:

Hehehehe
Hehehehe
Hehehehe

Pablo said:
Hi,

I have an idea for you.

I keep a 5 year old Canon Ixus in my car for use at night. Simply for the flash !!!

If I am driving on a long stretch of road (on the speed limit) and I notice an idiot coming from behind at a fast rate;

It is amusing to see their brake lights come on .... as they think they have been snapped by a speed radar :devil:

Hehehehe
Hehehehe
Hehehehe

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: Good idea!

Cameras do have after-life too!
They usually come back as shavers, torchlights, alarm clocks etc etc.
I had a dream that one of my faithful old cameras is now leading
a fulfilling life as a coffee-maker. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Prismatic said:
Cameras do have after-life too!
They usually come back as shavers, torchlights, alarm clocks etc etc.
I had a dream that one of my faithful old cameras is now leading
a fulfilling life as a coffee-maker. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

There's a term for this.... reincarnation..... :nono:
Nope, it's called recycling. :bsmilie:

benny said:
Use as paperweight?

Or as a decoy camera when travelling or shooting to fool potential thieves?

Or as a very big rear lens cap?

Cheers,

hahahaha ... Rear lens cap ... I like that ... :) Good one ...

Pablo said:
Hi,

I have an idea for you.

Hehehehe
Hehehehe
Hehehehe

Wah, you so evil one huh ... But I like your style ;p

Pablo said:
Hi,

I have an idea for you.

Hehehehe
Hehehehe
Hehehehe

Yah wait one day you'll crash while fiddling with your camera and driving... remember all those people who use handphones while driving?

Retribution.

Pablo said:
Hi,

I have an idea for you.

Hehehehe
Hehehehe
Hehehehe

haha.. so it's U! ... :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.