DSLR from lucky plaza/sim lim Sq?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXXcat

Apr 25, 2006
woodlands
I checked the price from this 2 places, lucky plaza quoted $1690 for Nikon D70s.
Now, I wondering is it safe if I buy it from there.?

anyone can advise?

XXXcat said:
I checked the price from this 2 places, lucky plaza quoted $1690 for Nikon D70s.
Now, I wondering is it safe if I buy it from there.?

anyone can advise?

Which shop is it? My friend owns a shop at Lucky Plaza Aik Seng. Anyway I suggest you check with CP and other shop before purchasing anything.

yesterday i called up CP @ Peninsula Plaza their price is $1820/w gst.

lucky plaza #B1-111 they quote $1690/w gst.
could it be a 2nd hand but they sell as 1st hand? or the parts r not orginal?

MS Color (AMK) is another reliable outlet.

Make sure the prices quoted by the Lucky Plaza shops include GST. This can make a difference in the final amount that you pay when compate to shops like CP & AP which quote prices inclusive of GST.

Lords in Lucky Plaza is pretty good... the people there is very friendly and their price is also very competitive compared to MS and Alan photo.

XXXcat said:
yesterday i called up CP @ Peninsula Plaza their price is $1820/w gst.

lucky plaza #B1-111 they quote $1690/w gst.
could it be a 2nd hand but they sell as 1st hand? or the parts r not orginal?
A reputed shop quotes you $18xx, and a shop in LP/SLS quotes you $16xx, which one would you trust? :)

yyD70S said:
MS Color (AMK) is another reliable outlet.

Yeah, I called them yesterday they only have body. w/o kit. $1480 w gst.

espn said:
A reputed shop quotes you $18xx, and a shop in LP/SLS quotes you $16xx, which one would you trust? :)

actually $18xx would be the one more reliable. but of cos i would like a cheaper price...

espn said:
you are making an assumption that those shops are not reputable.
such sweeping statements are not entirely wise because i know of an owner of an LP shop and they are definitely not ripoff-type business men, thank you

haagen_dazs said:
such sweeping statements are not entirely wise because i know of an owner of an LP shop and they are definitely not ripoff-type business men, thank you

Which shop u recommend me? can PM me?

thanks...

Last year I buy D70s Kit + Kingston ElitePro 1GB CF for $1750 (inc. GST) at MS Colour. CP quote you $1820? What extra(s) CP offer you?

Regards,
Arto.

Before purchasing anything scout around. Just because a company is reputable doesn't mean their price will be cheap. caveat emptor (let the buyer beware)

haagen_dazs said:
Did I? I only said "reputed shop quotes xxxx, LP/SLS quote you xxxx" Which part did I claim the shops in LP/SLS are not reputable?

smtan24 said:
Before purchasing anything scout around. Just because a company is reputable doesn't mean their price will be cheap. caveat emptor (let the buyer beware)
Just because a shop is cheap means it's reliable. Caveat Emptor too.

Artosoft said:
Last year I buy D70s Kit + Kingston ElitePro 1GB CF for $1750 (inc. GST) at MS Colour. CP quote you $1820? What extra(s) CP offer you?

Regards,
Arto.

they didn't say, i only ask for with kit.. n they quote me $1820.

Alan Photo quote - $1740/ w gst. where do u bought it from?

XXXcat said:
they didn't say, i only ask for with kit.. n they quote me $1820.

Alan Photo quote - $1740/ w gst. where do u bought it from?
MS colour:
MS - MS Colour, Block 711 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8, #01-3501C, Tel: 6457 6380, e-mail: sales@mscolor.com.sg, web e-quote

AP $1740 should be with 1GB CF (say the price is going down after a few months).

Go and look into Nikon Subforum, CactusJack maintains the Nikon Price Guide (thanks to CactusJack :) ).

Regards,
Arto.

Status
Not open for further replies.