DSLR for newbie - Marco & Still life

Status
Not open for further replies.

yclee99

Apr 20, 2008
I plan to get a new dslr. Now still looking for a suitable dslr. Previously I was looking at d40 as is cheap. just wonder is d40 is good in taking marco & still life? My budget is <$1000. How about the performace (taking marco & still life) of 350D and 400D? what is the current price now?

u can get a 2nd hand for ard 500-600 iirc. then the rest u spend on a gd macro lens la..i'll leave that to the Nikon experts.. :)

u can get a 2nd hand for ard 500-600 iirc. then the rest u spend on a gd macro lens la..i'll leave that to the Nikon experts.. :)

wat is iirc?

iirc = if i remember correctly

Unless u very tight on budget, D40 is troublesome when coming to lenses.
This is because it doesnt have an autofocus motor in the camera body, hence it can only use lenses which has a built-in motor.
That being said, the choices of lenses that can autofocus with D40 is limited and expensive.
Or if you dont mind, u still can use manual focus on those not fully compatible lenses.

DSLR is not just abt the body, but must also consider the lenses.
I suggest you get a 2nd hand D80 (abt $1000) instead.
Or maybe u want to try other brands?
But when u compare brands, feel the grip first.
So far i only find nikon's grip the best

$1000 for both body and lens? then maybe a second hand d70/s and second hand tamron 90mm f/2.8..

speaking of which.. macro and still life are pretty different things.. for still life you can pretty much shoot with any lens..

any comment on canon 350d and 400d?
i check the price today in tampines courts,400d is about $1188 (with kits)

Status
Not open for further replies.