dslr for firework

Status
Not open for further replies.

firework

Jun 9, 2009
i am looking for dslr camera,anyone can recommend me ?
need to take firework of cause,
i already buy air ticket to sdyney countdown 2009,
thanks so much

thanks so much
actually a PnS camera can already...do you intend to do long exposure, HDR and so on? all depends how much you want to spend.

Last edited:
thanks so much

Actually any dslr will do. It depends on who is behind the cam. And lots of tips from those who had taken before. I have yet to take fireworks, so can't advise.

actually a PnS camera can already...do you intend to do long exposure, HDR and so on?

so u mean PnS camera quality better then dslr?

it depends whos using the pns. Usually those who know how to use a pns gets nicer pics compared to those who have no idea how to use a dslr.

DSLR offers creative styles to be used by offering features like long exposures (bulb), HDR as well as manual functions.

Realy have to see what pictures you want to take. Just pictures of the fireworks or your own creative expressions of the fireworks.

Did he say so? Can't see. He said that a PnS camera can do the same job: capturing a firework as you described. It doesn't need a DSLR for that. But it definitely requires some basic knowledge about photography, a tripod and a remote shutter release. Without this no camera can help you because the camera has no brain to detect "Ah, firework, need to do this and that..". Some PnS have a setting "Fireworks" - so you might be better off with that function if you just want a no-brainer (but still you'll need a tripod). DSLR requires you to learn a bit more... but rewards with great opportunities and results.

If u're comparing a current PnS with an old DSLR, yes.

so can you give me some recommendation?my budget 3k only,i need to practise more before i go sydney.

so can you give me some recommendation?my budget 3k only,i need to practise more before i go sydney.

If u just want to take fireworks, a 50D with 18-200 IS kit will be nice. Can also be a gd walkaround lens.

If u just want to take fireworks, a 50D with 18-200 IS kit will be nice. Can also be a gd walkaround lens.

thanks man,any idea about how much?

thanks man,any idea about how much?

You may check the price sub forum, should be less then 3 k.

To me, my only once experienced tell me, any camera that can set bulb shutter mode can take firework. Google what is bulb mode.
Even a camera that cannot set bulb mode, you just need to set to certain exposure time, then will do.

Last edited:
I think an DSLR can do the job, but just be careful when you invest on the lens.
Which location are you shooting from?
10-22mm if you want to shoot really wide, or 18-200 if you cannot decide where to shoot.

Should be around the $2.5K to $2.8K region. If u still have enough u may wish to get a 50 f/1.8 or a 430EX II flash.

need good tripod to support?

You may check the price sub forum, should be less then 3 k.

To me, my only once experienced tell me, any camera can set bulb shutter mode can take firework. Google what is bulb mode.

DSLR yes. PnS, not all. So not any camera have this feature.

I think an DSLR can do the job, but just be careful when you invest on the lens.
Which location are you shooting from?
10-22mm if you want to shoot really wide, or 18-200 if you cannot decide where to shoot.

thank,will buy 10-22mm ,i like super wide ,which brand better?

if u can afford, the canon version is of course better..
if budget, get sigma..i am using it, and pleased with it to date...

if u can afford, the canon version is of course better..
if budget, get sigma..i am using it, and pleased with it to date...

u mean canon version better?which version u talking about?
i dont mind top up my budget

Status
Not open for further replies.