DSLR for Female - Please Recommend!

libgirlmom

Sep 24, 2010
Singapore
I'm not experienced with DSLRs but am considering getting one. Which would be your choice? Considering I'm female and would be concerned about lugging something too heavy...

Any pointers or comments also appreciated.

Thank you~~

Requirements like "not too heavy" are pretty subjective. Sometimes, being too light and small also means that you will not be able to hold the camera properly.

Best is you go down to the shops, and showroom to physically hold the cameras and try out.

Maybe the Nex-5 ?

Requirements like "not too heavy" are pretty subjective. Sometimes, being too light and small also means that you will not be able to hold the camera properly.

Best is you go down to the shops, and showroom to physically hold the cameras and try out.

Agree. Go down to courts or Harvey Norman to have a touch and feel. Impt thing is don't buy from there!!

I saw a lady carried a Pentax white Dslr with white lens. I think they go well together.

canon 550d? 1000d?

Do you want a full DSLR or EVIL?

If you wanted full DSLR, there are a couple of choice, such as D3000 (and soon D3100), 1000D, Sony A350, A230, Pentax k-x, Olympus E 450 (I think), all of them are quite light weigh and small.

Other than that, you could check on the following mirrorless camera that are quite small (almost like compact point and shoot, except that they have big sensor and interchangeable lens),

1) Olympus E-PL1, EP1 (I don't know if this is still available), EP2
2) Panasonic's GF-1
3) Sony's NEX series

But as some had suggested, better to go down to the store and test out the camera yourself. Feel for it and see if you like it or not.

Happy hunting!

Thanks everyone for your comments. :)

Do you know much about Canon EOS Rebel T1i camera (15.1MP)?

no such things as slr for female....some of the world's top fotographers are women just as the world fomous cooks are MEN....anyway my wife and daughter use Nikon D40 D300 would recomend you a new nikon D3100..... God bless you:)

i saw a few young and old lady using Nikon... yet to see Canon users..

Canon 550D :)

I chose this over D90 because is lighter .

But weight should not really be a factor since i realise that my UWA len is also heavy =(

sony a33/55.. small DSLR but have what it takes to produce good pictures.. didn't go for this because its too small for me..

Since there are probably quite a few female photographers here, it'll be interesting to know what camera they're using, don't you think? I don't often see ladies using DSLRs and weight is probably the biggest factor. But I'd really like to know what DSLRs are favoured by our female photographers or photography enthusiasts.

i would recomend olympus e450 with 25mm pancake lens ... just right for ladies.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

im also a lady but im eyeing for D90... solid feel...