DSLR first post

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvT

May 9, 2005
recently entered into the realm of dSLR.... my new love is my Nikon D70s...bwahahaha... took this few pics today.... criticism and comments are very welcome...hope to learn fast from all here....

all the pics are taken in my room .. will bring the cam out for a workout very soon... hope to post more den..cheers!!! (also, dunno where to post, so i think here is good).

NB: all photos are resized using ps and BW are converted...other than that no ps work....

in hot soup - my door
in-hot-soup.jpg

a place of relieve - view outside my window
a-place-of-relieve.jpg

music therapy - my guitar
my-music-therapy.jpg

12-storey-down - another view outside my window
12-storey-down.jpg

upgrade module for the brain
vitamins-for-the-mind.jpg

my all time favourite -music + new love, photography
all-time-favourite---music.jpg

i like the 2nd pic :thumbsup:

You've got good composition & keen sense of leading the viewers eyes to the subject and also telling the viewer what you're trying to portray, keep shooting :)

I like # 2 as well
And I agree with espn about your abilities, what you need now is lighting/exposure
on this journey, far you will go

ortega said:
I like # 2 as well
And I agree with espn about your abilities, what you need now is lighting/exposure
Finally, we agree on something!!! :bsmilie:

No need to worry too much on exposure now, I quite like the moods based on the dull colours for the images you're trying to portray. It fits. :)

espn said:
Finally, we agree on something!!! :bsmilie:

No need to worry too much on exposure now, I quite like the moods based on the dull colours for the images you're trying to portray. It fits. :)

we agree on many things, just that it has not been discussed.
I am no where near you when it comes to knowledge about Nikon equipment.
I take your word for it.

Cheers

bumortic said:
i see tampines... issit??? ahaha

wow...like that oso can tell ;p

ortega said:
I like # 2 as well

espn said:
You've got good composition & keen sense of leading the viewers eyes to the subject and also telling the viewer what you're trying to portray, keep shooting :)

thanks for the positive comments :bsmilie: but there seems to be still a long way to go in achieving super richly satuarated colours and creative use of exposure... hope can join you all for the outings and learn.

thanks again :) :thumbsup:

The view outside your window is out of focus. Not sure where your focus point is cause even the grill looks blur.

Gives me the overall impression that you're under house arrest or something. Remember that freedom is just beyond those grills. Take your D70s out for a spin or join the photo outings here and you'll really be having real fun with your cam! ;)

jbma said:
The view outside your window is out of focus. Not sure where your focus point is cause even the grill looks blur.

maybe it looks a little soft when i downsize it...its at the lower end of the grills. thanks

fisheye said:
hi, some interesting angles you have there.
but i think you need to run your pictures through PS, give some of the colors a big of push.

is running thru PS a norm? i was afraid it makes pple think that the photography skills sucks and need it to boost it up (actually my skills not anywhere near good also la :sweat: )..... is it possible to achieve spectacular images (interms of contrast, tonality and colours) by skills alone??

Status
Not open for further replies.