DSLR D3000 or Canon 1000D

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a noob =\ & prefer 1st hand. If you were given a choice , which would you choose o.o. i dont know which to choose =(

1000D gives you Live View and Bracketing but no Spot Metering.

D3000 has no Live View and Bracketing but it keeps the Spot Metering.

Live View is convenient in some situation but I can do without.
Bracketing is a good feature whether or not you want to do HDR.
To me, not having Spot Metering is negative.

Next, compare the Kit Lens that come with the camera.

You can google "Nikon D3000 vs Canon 1000D" and read the comparison.

Hi Jon, Let i mentioned on the other thread as well.
Visit the shops, hold both cam in your hands and compare, sometimes by doing that. the answer comes naturally:)

yea , i did but still cant make the decision. thanks anyway

then what is the "extra edge" you require? bros above have listed out the more obvious "haves" and 'don't haves', which still DEPENDS on you what you require to help your photography skills as a newbie to DSLR.

both are entry-level cams which are equally good to beginers.
go to any shop and determine which one you like after you've made contact with either.

i went to john 3:16 last Mon wanting to get entry-level cam and ended up choosing one after they explained to me the functions of both D3K and 1KD, when I couldn't made up my mind just by reviewing online. :thumbsup:

yea , i did but still cant make the decision. thanks anyway

Take your time to decide. Visit the shop, hold the two cameras in your hands, feel it and asked which one would you most likely to take with you when you go out shooting.

Don't buy at your first visit. Go to the shops again and again to finally convince yourself which one is for you.

While you take your time to decide, the camera prices will drop and you have nothing to lose.

join ppl for shootingunder the "Gatherings and Outings" section?... i believe some1 in the grp u join will be willing to lend u to try out..at least...i do..

if u r into canon...perhaps..go straight for canon 500d?!?!.... video capability...very fun (at least to me)....brand new is $1000++ for the body itself...

cheers!...

Also, remember there are other brands like Pentax, Sony, Olympus...

They have their own advantages, like full-speed autofocus with liveview, and in-body IS, and tilting LCD screens.

aww
your putting down canon

this makes me sad :cry:

PS.
the 1000D is a perfectly good camera in capable hands... :D:D:D

I edited my post already. Not trying to bash the 1000D...paiseh~

Not saying the 1000D is bad (nor any other DSLR on the market right now for that matters), but for that same amount of money, you can get better thing else where. If you're willing to pay more for less, then by all mean, go ahead.

IMO, Canon and Nikon dominates the professional DSLR market. If i am asked to choose a DSLR with no budget, I would definately choose either a C or N.

But for the entry level, C n N is considered over-priced if u compare against Pentax, Olympus and Sony (even more so now, after Sony's recent price cut)

Last edited:
Don't think so much, just get one and quickly go shoot nice photos :bsmilie:

You can either get a used 40D or D80 for the money. I'm no Nikon user, but I'd rather get the D80 instead of the D3000.

I'm a noob =\ & prefer 1st hand. If you were given a choice , which would you choose o.o. i dont know which to choose =(

Especially if you are a newbie and there are chances that you are put off by certain things (e.g. all additional equipment required, bulky shape, weight etc.) 2nd hand is a cheaper option to get a camera with some higher features. The less sure you are that you will continue the more you should explore 2nd hand options. Join some gatherings and you can get 1st hand experiences and maybe ask somebody to help you with 2nd hand purchase.

Both cameras are fine. Just try them out at a shop to have a feel of which one is better. A good photographer can make good photos with even a phone camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.