DSLR Cleaning Level: Idiot

Boy, I love this!!!

actually i think the camera got submersed in salt water. In which case, flooding it out with clean water, then letting it dry (placing it in a bag of rice, dry cabi, etc) may be the last chance for resurrection.

What we see may be only 50% of the whole story. Unless we know what happened before that, it's difficult to judge whether his action is silly or not.

What we see may be only 50% of the whole story. Unless we know what happened before that, it's difficult to judge whether his action is silly or not.

so what scenario would require the user to flush the INSIDE of a DSLR (which contains all kinds of sensitive electronics) with water?

so what scenario would require the user to flush the INSIDE of a DSLR (which contains all kinds of sensitive electronics) with water?

...if it was flooded with salt water...

If the entire camera has been dunked into Salt water. I would do the same, and hope that after drying out, nothing is corroded too much.

... or that fella is just telling a class... not to do that to your camera :D

I too believed its just came out of salt water, quickly open up and try to salvage it with fresh water. :bsmilie:

a good wash and method to cool your gears..
on a side note.. this thread is a potential kopitiam thread.

My vote goes to the salt water story. Still, I would probably use distilled bottled water instead of a hose. You'll never know what's inside that water...

... or that fella is just telling a class... not to do that to your camera :D

wahahaha.. The body is a faulty set and the 'lens' is actually a lens mug! :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

My vote goes to the salt water story. Still, I would probably use distilled bottled water instead of a hose. You'll never know what's inside that water...

hose water is better than no water. Wait a couple of hours to get to distilled water, damaged is already done.

hose water is better than no water. Wait a couple of hours to get to distilled water, damaged is already done.

:bheart: if the camera got dunked in the sea, must do "first-aid" this way i guess... since the alternative is between possibly saving the camera or totally writing off the camera :sweat: