DSLR Cleaning Level: Idiot

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
actually i think the camera got submersed in salt water. In which case, flooding it out with clean water, then letting it dry (placing it in a bag of rice, dry cabi, etc) may be the last chance for resurrection.

bruggink

Jul 2, 2008
What we see may be only 50% of the whole story. Unless we know what happened before that, it's difficult to judge whether his action is silly or not.

detritus

Sep 12, 2009
shootingbugs.blogspot.com
What we see may be only 50% of the whole story. Unless we know what happened before that, it's difficult to judge whether his action is silly or not.
so what scenario would require the user to flush the INSIDE of a DSLR (which contains all kinds of sensitive electronics) with water?

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
so what scenario would require the user to flush the INSIDE of a DSLR (which contains all kinds of sensitive electronics) with water?
...if it was flooded with salt water...

daredevil123

Staff member
Oct 25, 2005
lil red dot
If the entire camera has been dunked into Salt water. I would do the same, and hope that after drying out, nothing is corroded too much.

rhino123

Staff member
Sep 1, 2006
NA
... or that fella is just telling a class... not to do that to your camera :D

HighTone

Jul 4, 2011
Altona
I too believed its just came out of salt water, quickly open up and try to salvage it with fresh water. :bsmilie:

TWmilkteaTW

May 30, 2011
a good wash and method to cool your gears..
on a side note.. this thread is a potential kopitiam thread.

area0404

Nov 10, 2011
My vote goes to the salt water story. Still, I would probably use distilled bottled water instead of a hose. You'll never know what's inside that water...

bruggink

Jul 2, 2008
... or that fella is just telling a class... not to do that to your camera :D
wahahaha.. The body is a faulty set and the 'lens' is actually a lens mug! :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

daredevil123

Staff member
Oct 25, 2005
lil red dot
My vote goes to the salt water story. Still, I would probably use distilled bottled water instead of a hose. You'll never know what's inside that water...
hose water is better than no water. Wait a couple of hours to get to distilled water, damaged is already done.

detritus

Sep 12, 2009
shootingbugs.blogspot.com
hose water is better than no water. Wait a couple of hours to get to distilled water, damaged is already done.
:bheart: if the camera got dunked in the sea, must do "first-aid" this way i guess... since the alternative is between possibly saving the camera or totally writing off the camera :sweat:

Top Bottom