Dslr calibration

ahxin89

Nov 14, 2009
Hi. I am still exploring abt dslr. Can i knw what is calibration for? And when do we knw when we nee to do it?

Do a search on clubsnap for "calibrate". You'll find out it's usually when a lens has focusing issues on a DSLR body. However, it's the lens that can get calibrated. If all lenses attached to the body have focusing issues, then the body needs to have an AF focal plane adjustment.

Hi. I am still exploring abt dslr. Can i knw what is calibration for? And when do we knw when we nee to do it?
when you try to auto-focus on a subject and it comes out mis-focused.

But you do need to eliminate other possible causes of mis-focusing as well. Things like movement of either camera or subject during the 'focus test', shift in focus plane from the common 'focus-recompose' technique, and so on.

Oh. Thks, i understand now. Erm, can i also ask, is it very usual to have grainy pics if the lightings is nt there?? Becos i have been try nt to use flash but seems like i am always getting grainy pics...

Oh. Thks, i understand now. Erm, can i also ask, is it very usual to have grainy pics if the lightings is nt there?? Becos i have been try nt to use flash but seems like i am always getting grainy pics...

Search for 'picture noise', read :)
Please do a search for whatever you want to ask. You can be quite sure that your questions have been asked and answered before :) Beside this: you might pick up additional useful knowledge by reading other postings.

Yes, your camera had to bump up ISO. Please read up on the basics first - the Shutter speed, Aperture and ISO relationship is the exposure triangle and is the very most critical bit of knowledge you need.

Usually high ISO produces grainy pics...try to google or search the forum about and read those notes for newbies!

Thks for all the replies. I have managed to figure it out alrd...