DSLR batts

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmc17479 said:
How come they do not make dslrs that uses AA batts?

Well, the massive power drain is one reason. But there r DSLRs tt have battery grip that accepts AA batts.

hmmm.... then apparently my S2pro has been using solar power all along.. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

joking..

I wish they'll release the nuclear powered batteries soon...
Dunno Y they're keeping that technology a secret...

chucks said:
Well, the massive power drain is one reason. But there r DSLRs tt have battery grip that accepts AA batts.
chucks is right. e.g. the D100 battery grip can use AA batteries, but they don't last very long, less than 100 shots in fact. also the S2 Pro uses AA size batteries, but the short battery life is one of the major grouses of S2 users.

well S2pro can use a modified MB16.. it uses AA and CR123. the original combination lasts about 500shots with the CR123 dying out first.

when used with the MB16, which replaces the CR123, i remember it lasted longer.. 600 shots?

anyway the S2pro can run solely on AA, with the CR123 slots empty. =)

S2pro battery system is good, tested in 0 degree, snowing condition just last week, quite long lasting. So afraid the camera might breakdown at that low temperature. But luckily it didn't. :D Hope fully it didn't had any internal injury and breakdown later. :D

Larry said:
also the S2 Pro uses AA size batteries, but the short battery life is one of the major grouses of S2 users.

Perhaps compared to the battery systems in the D100 & 10D, but you'll hear no grousing from this S2Pro user, Larry :bsmilie:

A set of fully-charged 2100mAH NiMH AAs will last 600-700 frames, with reviewing in between, and I have 4 sets ;p

ericp said:
Perhaps compared to the battery systems in the D100 & 10D, but you'll hear no grousing from this S2Pro user, Larry :bsmilie:

A set of fully-charged 2100mAH NiMH AAs will last 600-700 frames, with reviewing in between, and I have 4 sets ;p

really? thats fantastic...
i dont think the D100 achieves that on a single li-ion battery... feels like about 500-600 shots... always thought that the D100 came out champs on power issues..

The D100 uses 7.4V of power. Although the MB-D100 uses 6AA, ultimately, it's only 6 x 1.2 = 7.2V, thus the batteries after 100 shots (approx) or so dies off.

Did a lot of AF on it on sat and sun, the batteries finally died off yesterday night. Used them since last sunday (16/11).

Thought it should last longer then that too, mabbe I overdid it. Hmmm.

Edited: Was using both original EN-EL3. :)

most battery usage is based on conservative users...

if you are the type who like to

a)preview and use lcds;
b)use is/vr lens;
c)continuous af;
d)prefocus lock

then the battery life would be much shorter

Status
Not open for further replies.