DSLR Basic Kit to start

right550

Oct 1, 2010
Hi there, what are the basic kits, such as Lens, Filter, Flash, etc to start with when you just newly brought a DSLR?

Recently I just brought a DSLR with a lens 18-150mm, then I brought another lens 50mm, f1.8, which is a potrait lens. After that, I felt that when I take an object, the sky always over-exposure. Then, I brought another polarizing filter...

After that, I am thinking to buy hood, remote control, Flash...etc. But, is it really a necessary to buy those things? Or what is your opinion?

My advice is read your manual and there is no lens such as 18-150mm...5 think you are referring to 18-55mm. learn to master your camera and lens before spending another cash. Your kit lens and the 50mm can take good photos already as long as you know the correct setting of your cam. Just my 0.000001 cent!

- u should buy nd110

- u should buy a gitzo tripod with markins head

- u should buy a billingham bag

- u should buy a phottix cleon II remote

- u should buy hi tech filters

- u should buy cokin filters

- u should buy whole collection of gary fong's lighting kit

- u should buy more lenses. 2 lens is not enough.

We have dozens of threads here on 'What accessories to get' so please help yourself with the 'Search' function...

i would think he gotten the 18-105...
read ur manual.
sky over-exposure, i would assume the sun is behind ur subject, go buy a flash.:devil:

Easy on the guy folks...we have a lot of babies to spoonfeed here!!!:bsmilie:

Hi there, what are the basic kits, such as Lens, Filter, Flash, etc to start with when you just newly brought a DSLR?

Recently I just brought a DSLR with a lens 18-150mm, then I brought another lens 50mm, f1.8, which is a potrait lens. After that, I felt that when I take an object, the sky always over-exposure. Then, I brought another polarizing filter...

After that, I am thinking to buy hood, remote control, Flash...etc. But, is it really a necessary to buy those things? Or what is your opinion?

have u bought protection filter for ur lenses?

get a dry cabinet, tripod and cleaning kits.. the rest can wait..

Please read up on the basic of photography and always research before spending your money. FYI, a polarizing filter does not help you with over exposed skies.

If you are unsure, do not buy anything. Don't be easily swayed by the sweet talking salesman. Make sure you really know what you are buying, and what is the purpose and function of it.

read ur manual.
sky over-exposure, i would assume the sun is behind ur subject, go buy a flash.:devil:

oh yeah thanks man...must be getting old. Thanks for letting me know. To TS....you have the kit already then all you need to do is practice and shoot man!! Join outings...it would help you improve as a shooter:thumbsup:

My advice is read your manual and there is no lens such as 18-150mm...5 think you are referring to 18-55mm. learn to master your camera and lens before spending another cash. Your kit lens and the 50mm can take good photos already as long as you know the correct setting of your cam. Just my 0.000001 cent!

Ops, I made a mistake, which sould be 18-135mm.

Yes, composition is important. Sometime, may hard to get a correct angle...

read ur manual.

If my subject is a building? I brought a polarizing filter, but it doesnt help much...Then, I ended up edit the photo, or it should be edited to look better?

have u bought protection filter for ur lenses?

get a dry cabinet, tripod and cleaning kits.. the rest can wait..

I brought a polarizing filter and UV filter (Free gift)...

Dry cabinet and tripod come together with the DSLR and I already brought the cleaning pen and the microfibre cloth...

Sufficient?

Please read up on the basic of photography and always research before spending your money. FYI, a polarizing filter does not help you with over exposed skies.

If you are unsure, do not buy anything. Don't be easily swayed by the sweet talking salesman. Make sure you really know what you are buying, and what is the purpose and function of it.

I read some books/megazine saying that polarizing filter will make more contrast to the sky and can reduce the reflection from the glass...However, it didnot show the real situation...

oh yeah thanks man...must be getting old. Thanks for letting me know. To TS....you have the kit already then all you need to do is practice and shoot man!! Join outings...it would help you improve as a shooter:thumbsup:

Oh, you mean there is outings organized by the members?

Oh, you mean there is outings organized by the members?

There is a whole huge section about it at the top of the forum....

personally, i prefer to keep editing out of the pic when i take a pic.

when u take ur pic, u hv to take note of some factors like where is the sun, where u wan to focus etc.
tis will directly affect ur pic outcome.
go join more outings and experience for urself, nothing like a good old 'lab' to understand things than reading all abt it ;)

i think you should really start from the basics.. don't even dive into the polarizing filter and all the other stuff...

learn to take normal shots.. to operate ur camera.. to change the settings..

take simple photos, and learn how to use aperture piority, shutter priority, exposure settings, metering, white balance.. iso...

you really need to learn to run before you fly..

having so many additional extra stuff ain't gonna help.. its going to kill you by making ur foundation super weak..

I brought a polarizing filter and UV filter (Free gift)...

Dry cabinet and tripod come together with the DSLR and I already brought the cleaning pen and the microfibre cloth...

Sufficient?

You need to know what you want to photo, then do research and learn and you can decide yourself if sufficient.