DSLR allowed in concert???

evilorgi

Nov 9, 2007
Tampines
www.facebook.com
Hi all, have i happen to be going for Jay Chou's concert over this weekend, and it's stated on the sistic website that photography and videography equipments are not allowed in. But i presume this is a standard statement they put for all concerts.

Personally i have not been to many concerts, however have seen compacts and prosumers cam in concerts / plays... Are we able to bring or sneak in a DSLR for a concert as hyped up as Jay Chou's World Tour 2010???

Please advise!

Well, they do have a right to stop you from entering the concert with your camera since they have already stated it in the rules. To avoid any problems which might prevent you from enjoying your concert fully, i suggest u don't bring your DSLR, just a discreet compact perhaps?

Hi all, have i happen to be going for Jay Chou's concert over this weekend, and it's stated on the sistic website that photography and videography equipments are not allowed in. But i presume this is a standard statement they put for all concerts.

Personally i have not been to many concerts, however have seen compacts and prosumers cam in concerts / plays... Are we able to bring or sneak in a DSLR for a concert as hyped up as Jay Chou's World Tour 2010???

Please advise!

Errm. Seriously when i went for greenday concert, i did bring my DSLR in.

They did check and request me to open my DSLR bag for them to check and they didnt ban me from bringing in.

However i am not sure whether is this a standard thing.

But note that my DSLR bag is the compact type.

My friend tried to bring in a dslr to aaron kwok's concert recently... the security guards checked their bags and disallowed them to bring it in. They have to leave it with the security guards until concert is over. Those who managed to enter without their bags being checked, the min they took out their dslr, the security guards will spot u and stop u from using it.

For me, i think just bring. Best case is u will be able to take good shot of ur idol. Worst case only leave it at security.

That why I do not watch concert in SG...so much rule
I remember watching in Genting.......90% of audience are shooting...but doing video-cam instead :D although bag are checked before going in........

In the durian building, most of the time if u wip out ur camera.... the pretty usher will come over and put u down nicely..... even if it is ur camera phone.

the concert is for you to enjoy rather then give you headache on exposure and various camera settings.

My suggestion is leave the camera at home and just enjoy the concert since thats what you paid for.

We need to respect the rule stated by the concert organizer, it is more to do with the copyright issue. If you think taking photo is a must, there are some options, most of the free concert taking photo is allowed but not necessary taking video.

Agree with Reportage "leave the camera at home and just enjoy the concert since thats what you paid for." Since you had paid so much on the ticket, just sit back and enjoy the concert.

Cheers!

see luck one...

i went to Show Luo concert a few mths back, i put my slr in a normal sling bag, cover it with towel... the security touched my bag and felt the slr, push out to see, than ask me put in locker... i walked to another security check and he let me in...

once in, everyone is snapping around with compacts and slr! and lots taking videos... :bsmilie:

Please advise!

I think DSLR are not allowed to enter ... but i did manage to sneak in aaron's concert.
See http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=692649

Although I managed to sneak in my camera, I have been asked twice to stop taking pictures during the concert. So if you want, do it tactically.

I am going to the concert this Sunday too! ;)

most of the time DSLR is not allowed...
even i have attended some concert in malaysia, indonesia, australia, none of these country allows dslr either...
they scared that the produced picture would be sold to press or magazine...
coz the management has already appointed photographer, and after which they could sell this pictures to media..

I manage to smuggle in a550 and 16-80 lens. The security stopped me at the check point and ask me to put in the locker, I go to the locker walk one round and dash away. Lol!