DSC-W1 and DSC-P100, whats the major diff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

psdcrdsc

May 29, 2004
noted only the battery , built in charger for P100, which costs 50 more than W1.

any other difference?

The 2.5" screen on the W1 is so much bigger then the 1.8" for the P100. I don't know, but I prefer the P100's design and slim profile. Not to mention the funky blue and red the P100 comes in. Too unfortuante about the screen though.

Somehow I prefer the W1. Well, it's really down to individual preference afterall.

holeinone said:
Somehow I prefer the W1. Well, it's really down to individual preference afterall.

you got 128 MB in the bundle??
so you really recommend this instead of A80??

I'm relatively new to digi cam, so would like to ask you the differences in manual functions between W1 and A80?

Thanks in advance! Having a tough time deciding on which 1 now. :D

hiya, finally got W1, after much consideration. got a scare when the cam cldn't boot up with my non full duracell batts..............later on recharged NiMH, phew............worked..............

kohweekuan said:
you got 128 MB in the bundle??
so you really recommend this instead of A80??

I'm relatively new to digi cam, so would like to ask you the differences in manual functions between W1 and A80?

Thanks in advance! Having a tough time deciding on which 1 now. :D

psdcrdsc said:
hiya, finally got W1, after much consideration. got a scare when the cam cldn't boot up with my non full duracell batts..............later on recharged NiMH, phew............worked..............

Hello psdcrdsc, I've just bought the W1 as well. Have you tried using the camera with the included rechargeable batteries? I've tried using the camera with Sanyo's 2100MAh AA batteries and it doesn't seem to last long (as in the batteries go flat rather fast, definite less than 100 shots with the LCD on!) Do you have this problem? :dunno:

are your sanyo fully charged? using my sony cycle energy 2100mah also..........on / off can last abt 200 shots, not in 1 single shot...............

i used the 128 MS shot abt 50 each try.................

one funny thing i noticed, when my batt finishing, i switched to payback mode, can still do slideshow for a long while. i too impatient to drain them, so recharge again

pat8228 said:
Hello psdcrdsc, I've just bought the W1 as well. Have you tried using the camera with the included rechargeable batteries? I've tried using the camera with Sanyo's 2100MAh AA batteries and it doesn't seem to last long (as in the batteries go flat rather fast, definite less than 100 shots with the LCD on!) Do you have this problem? :dunno:

Could I ask if there's a veeery long flash recharge cycle? That was one of my gripes about the P72. When the batt is low for the W1, does utilising the zoom/flash drain the battery such that the camera powers off?

Thanks! :p

flash recharge is almost instant!

if very very low, yes. power off

kulturbrille said:
Could I ask if there's a veeery long flash recharge cycle? That was one of my gripes about the P72. When the batt is low for the W1, does utilising the zoom/flash drain the battery such that the camera powers off?

Thanks! :p

Mmm...sounds more and more interesting. :bsmilie: Must go down and have a look.

it is!!! I have P72 also, side by side, P72 really fades man.......

the startup is unbelievable!!! just shoot out and ready to snap.......

little shutter lag, flash recharge is almost instant........picture quality is woo-hoo, compared to P72.......

kulturbrille said:
Mmm...sounds more and more interesting. :bsmilie: Must go down and have a look.

Another question about the W1: has anyone used any of the lens accessories yet? I used to use a lens adapter for the Powershot G1 to protect the lens and for filters, etc. The ring around the lens for the W1 allows for the use of filters? Or has anyone heard of any 3rd-party extenders/adapters for that purpose? :)

That's why I'm trying to sell off my P72... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.