DSC-F707 (Hired Purchase?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necroist

Jan 27, 2002
www.ragingbox.com
Damn, can't take it anymore!

Does anyone know if Cathay\AP or any other places accept installments for sony's dsc-f707?

Don't think places like AP/CP accepts installments. I know Courts accept installments but not sure if they do it for 707 or if they even sell 707 in the first place. Maybe you can try places like Harvey Norman or Best.

do you think its worth it to pay by Hired purchase and if it can last me for 2 year?

Personally, I wouldn't go for that route. Most stores which offers installments are the stores which sells strictly according to the RRP, unless they have a sale. On top of that, I believe there is an amount of interest you have to pay. So nope, I wouldn't recommend that but if you're really cash strapped..................up to you.

As for whether if it will last you for 2 years is a question that only you can answer. If you're contented with the images it gives and happy with it, of course it will last you for 2 years, maybe even more. But if you think that you'll need to always get the latest and greatest, then it'll not last for say....6 months. Again, up to you. Good luck.

hired purchase is usually availavle at big electrical stores. The prices even without interest will be several hundreds of dollars more expensive than if you pay upfront at the camera shops.

If you are a holder of a credit card, some stores such as SAFE and Best Denki has installment payments with no interest rate added.

Do look into today's (Saturday) Strait's Times for such establishments and the item you are looking for. SAFE at Alexandra Road Anchorage has the Sony 707. Phone them to confirm before you venture there.

Best of luck

thanks for the tip. I can't seem to find the price.

On another note, how long do u guys think 5 mpixels will last ?

Originally posted by Necroist
thanks for the tip. I can't seem to find the price.

On another note, how long do u guys think 5 mpixels will last ?

very long, as long as your greed for higher mps lasts very shortly. ;)

2.1MP is still "lasting"...and prolly will still last for quite sometime, cos lots of people don't see the need to print larger than 8R.

p.s. don't get entangled in the megapixel race, concentrate on camera features, quality, and of course, photography techniques. :D

well, I wouldn't get the 5pxl f707 if I can get a similar cam with the same features and manal control settings.

somehow, the manual focusing turns me on :D

well, I wouldn't get the 5pxl f707 if I can get a similar cam with the same features and manal control settings.

somehow, the manual focusing turns me on :D

If you are referring to the manual focussing ring, I think it's a fly-by-wire one. In that case, possible cameras that may turn you on are: Fuji 6900z, Fuji S602z, Minolta Dimage 5/7/7i. May want to look into these fine cameras too! :D

will look up on 'em thanks.

So CP/AP will not do Installments?

Boon Electronics is asking for $1999 for the Sony F707 paid by $169 X 12 months.

Originally posted by serendipity
Excuse me for asking. What is meant by "fly-by-wire" manual focus ring?

Thanks.
That means when you turn the ring, you are instructing the on board processor, and u do not have full manual control.

Btw, in response to the thread starter, why not save for a while (at least $1k) and pay the rest by borrowing/c.c. :D

will look up on 'em thanks.

So CP/AP will not do Installments?

Boon Electronics is asking for $1999 for the Sony F707 paid by $169 X 12 months.
Safe Superstore at Jurong Point (Boon Lay MRT) has 1 F707 on stock. They're currently selling it for $1899, and can be purchased through a 0% installment plan.

:Later,

1 year or 2 year plan?
AFAIK, 12 months at the most for 0% interest. That's based on my Diner's Credit Card knowledge... not sure about other cards.

:Later,

Status
Not open for further replies.