drycabinet: normal or abnormal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzyzx

Aug 25, 2007
hi guys i'm using digicabi 30L. i have been moitoring the cabinet for months since i bought it. i adjusted the knob to abt 11:30 o'clock position and i get it stablised at abt 45% for few days with the green light dim to near no light. after few days, the RH will increase to as high as 70+ or 80+% with the green LED at brightest for up to a week or 2 then back to abt 45% with dim green light and the cycle goes on. Is my cabinet normal? I need some advise before i send the dehumidifier for RMA.

TIA! :lovegrin:

It seem normal when you open the door.

Seems abnormal to me. At best it should stay there for a few hours. Mine goes from 70% to 50% in 1hour, and it's a 50L digicabi.

thanks for the two replies. so can i conclude i got a bad copy? btw the door is left closed most of the time and if opened, it's only at most 3-4sec.

Last edited:
Ya seems like it malfunction. Before you bring for rma, you might want to give them a call first and explain your situation. maybe this is a known problem and they have the solution so you do not have to bring in personally.

Could be a bad hygrometer ?

As long as you can get 45% after you closed the door, than it should be ok. Cheers.

thanks for all the replies.. i think i'll bring it down for them to check tomorrow. cannot be working for one week then the next week doesn't..

I am using Digi-Cabi 30L, don't have such problem after you have fix the humidity.

thanks jtsky for the confirmation..

got a replacement dehumidifier and will be monitoring it. thread closed as pointless to leave it open.

Thanks for all the helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.