Drybox questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jer76

Apr 21, 2002
West
My current electronic drybox average hydrometer reading is ard 40 - 50%, but sometimes it shoots all the way up to 80% and stay for like around 15mins ( i did not open it ). Then the light on the electronic unit will come on and the unit will be very hot to touch.. the drybox would then feel slightly warm.. is this normal? i dun wan end up with a fried cam! :dunno:

Originally posted by Jer76
My current electronic drybox average hydrometer reading is ard 40 - 50%, but sometimes it shoots all the way up to 80% and stay for like around 15mins ( i did not open it ). Then the light on the electronic unit will come on and the unit will be very hot to touch.. the drybox would then feel slightly warm.. is this normal? i dun wan end up with a fried cam! :dunno:

Based on you descriptions, it sounds like your dry cabinet's having problems...

serious ar... i better go get another one quick then.. by right the hydrometer should stay constant at 40 - 50% if you do not open the box rite?

serious ar... i better go get another one quick then.. by right the hydrometer should stay constant at 40 - 50% if you do not open the box rite?

If my hygrometer in the dry cabinet shoots up to 80% RH for no reason and that it's sometimes too warm to touch (mine is always cool) then I'd think that something(s) is/are amiss.

Other inputs from the rest?

oops i meant the electronic unit at the back of the cabinet... the meters always cool :)

oops i meant the electronic unit at the back of the cabinet... the meters always cool :)

I'm not referring to the hygrometer; it's analogue so it can't be hot! ;)

I'm using a Value Dry Cabinet and I've just felt the frying unit. It's cool to touch.

if the back of the dry box is hot, that's normal.

if your hydrometer reading shoot up for nothing, that's abnormal.

hmm i only notice the hydrometer reading will shoot up ONLY when the red led is on.. is there something i missed?

hmm i only notice the hydrometer reading will shoot up ONLY when the red led is on.. is there something i missed?
Are you having an Am-Pro dry cabinet? How often does it occur?

My 90L Am-Pro does that (opens up the rear vent) about once a week and the meter would shoot up to over 80%. Then it'll gradually drop down to 45% again in about half an hour. It's like refreshing the air inside the cabinet. :bsmilie:

yeeah its am-pro... so its normal la? mine is like once a day...

yeeah its am-pro... so its normal la? mine is like once a day...
Once a day? Hey, it doesn't look normal leh. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.