dry case

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoXXer

Oct 14, 2002
East SG
hi... i want to store my camera stuff in a dry case. not those cabinet types...

just those air-tight cases where u have to put in silica gel.
question is... after i buy a bottle of silica gel.... do i leave the whole bottle in it or pour the silica gel in???

how long can silica gel keep the dry case dry?

Well u can use film canisters and poke holes in them to store the silica gel. No need to pour the whole bottle.

If they turn pink u can heat them over a pan to remove the moisture and they will turn blue.

Make a few canister to keep in the box and check on them regularly and u should have no problems

1. put in cloth bag. since you can microwave silica gel in a cloth bag.

2. if you open and close the box while in an air-con room (=50-55% humidity), you will not need to microwave silica gel for a long,long time

Originally posted by erwinx
1. put in cloth bag. since you can microwave silica gel in a cloth bag.

2. if you open and close the box while in an air-con room (=50-55% humidity), you will not need to microwave silica gel for a long,long time

whoa mircowave silica gel eh?? they won't explode or anything? :D

Nope they won't nut watch it all the same watch it since a microwaves use microwaves (duh) to vibrate the water absorbed by the silican gel to make them evaporate.

but i;ve heard of silican gel melting in too high a tempreature though.

i should keep the humidity in the box at around 50% right??

so i need to get that instrument to measure it... can't remember what's it called.

where can i get it from? and how much does it cost?

Originally posted by BoXXer
i should keep the humidity in the box at around 50% right??

so i need to get that instrument to measure it... can't remember what's it called.

where can i get it from? and how much does it cost?

tt's a digital hygrometer. it runs on batteries.

can be bought from SLT.

got lens also mah...;)
anyway i kept mine in a small dry box too.

Originally posted by MeNaCeWu
how much does tat costs?

dun get mine, $20 for the smallest size, brand "unique".... :(
Some of the guys suggested lock n lock (hope i get the brand right) air tight case. Seems cheap and good.

http://www.pbase.com/image/8710291

think they bought at diamaru....

Originally posted by Venturis

dun get mine, $20 for the smallest size, brand "unique".... :(
Some of the guys suggested lock n lock (hope i get the brand right) air tight case. Seems cheap and good.

http://www.pbase.com/image/8710291

think they bought at diamaru....

the dry case has plastic hinges which will wear out much faster... i would get those with metal locks

Originally posted by BoXXer

the dry case has plastic hinges which will wear out much faster... i would get those with metal locks
where to get one and how much does one costs?

hi MeNaCeWu .. :)

i saw a few at mscolor .. the big one .. slightly bigger than the one Venturis posted .. is selling for $30 (if i remembered correctly) ..

a qn .. besides dry case and silica gel .. what else do we need to store our dc huh ?? :dunno:

THANX !!

Originally posted by coozie
hi MeNaCeWu .. :)

a qn .. besides dry case and silica gel .. what else do we need to store our dc huh ?? :dunno:

THANX !!

no need other things alredi.

Status
Not open for further replies.