Dry Cabinets

Status
Not open for further replies.

rh4l1m

Nov 3, 2009
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and photography. Due to humidity level, someone has advised me to get Dry Cabinet for my SLR and lenses. I've look several places and they all carry one brand with various prices. The brand is Digi Cabi and it's a local manufacturer. Can someone please give me advise on the quality of this Cabinet or any other alternative to this brand? What are the criteria for selecting dry cabinet? Your input are much appreciated. Thanks!

I've ordered a 60L with them today, and got a pleasant surprise when the sales person got back to me to say out of goodwill, they are giving me the new mood light series 60L instead with the same price quoted for the normal AD series. Woah! Now awaiting delivery. :p

Did most of you get these cabinets directly from Digi Cab or dealers (agents)? I went to Sim Lim Square last weekend to compare prices (30L and 40L model). They ranges from S$169 to 209 (new model with blue light cost $30 more).

Not sure about the aftersales service, but mine is nearly 4 years and still working fine.

After sales for digi cabi is good! Tho if your dehumidifier do konk out, you have to bring down to their factory/service place and they'll replace it if its faulty (within warranty period). I just did for mine few weeks ago! :thumbsup:

Ordered direct from digicabi this time (60L), previously for my 30L i got it from carrefour.

i got their 30L last wk...pretty gd thou..for now. Cheap too..$106 nett. Gd enough for my 450d plus 2 lenses and pns...still got more spaces. :)

hey where did you get your digi cabi? The promo at their site is stating $118 (no delivery), i email them about delivery and this is their reply

Thank you for the enquiry, we are please to quote as below,

No. Product Unit Price
1. DB-036 S$118.00

This is the smallest size we have, therefore it is only cash and carry,
you may want to make your purchase at the followings dealers:

MS Color(AMKHub) Alan Photo/Edison/Orient Photo/Song Brother (Sim Lim Square)
Photocam(Peninsula Plaza), (John 3:16/Alan Photo /Song Brother (Funan It Mall)TK Foto(Shaw Tower)
Mustafa (Mustafa Centre/Serangoon Plaza)NTUC (AMK Hub/ Jurong Point)

Regards,
Wendy

I got an AIPO from the forum here... very pleased with it... just do a search for AIPO... think there's also a sticky thread on chosing dry cabinets

hey where did you get your digi cabi? The promo at their site is stating $118 (no delivery), i email them about delivery and this is their reply

Thank you for the enquiry, we are please to quote as below,

No. Product Unit Price
1. DB-036 S$118.00

This is the smallest size we have, therefore it is only cash and carry,
you may want to make your purchase at the followings dealers:

MS Color(AMKHub) Alan Photo/Edison/Orient Photo/Song Brother (Sim Lim Square)
Photocam(Peninsula Plaza), (John 3:16/Alan Photo /Song Brother (Funan It Mall)TK Foto(Shaw Tower)
Mustafa (Mustafa Centre/Serangoon Plaza)NTUC (AMK Hub/ Jurong Point)

Regards,
Wendy

I got it from paris silk Holland V. Had a bad and gd experience there when i bought it. I called the salesperson on that morning and he told me got stock. then i took timeoff to go down and buy on that afternoon. To my anger...they told me no more stock! I was so pissed off that i demanded to see the boss, Mr Kelvin. He then told me he will deliver it to my house f.o.c as a goodwill. I got it for $106 nett. They selling for $106 nett without delivery. My advice is to get hold of the salesperson's name and double confirm got stock before gg down to buy. :)

hi,

I just bought a digi cab and wandering should i remove the lens from the body and store them seperate? Is this advisable??

Which would be the best practice?

Pls advise.

Thanks!

hi,

I just bought a digi cab and wandering should i remove the lens from the body and store them seperate? Is this advisable??

Which would be the best practice?

Pls advise.

Thanks!

Best to store them all in... pao kau liao.
Sensor can get attacked by fungas as well.
If u body and lens together... can minus dust get into sensor as well. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.