Dry Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

mygixs

Mar 10, 2009
hello all, just bought a dry cabinet, a few days back. the funny thing is one of the legs are those which is circular, is this normal? cause the other 3 legs are fixed triangular legs and only one is a screwed in leg? do let me know is it i bought a lemon??

Normal. You don't need all 4 legs to be adjustable; with 3 fixed legs and 1 adjustable you'll be able to level it on any uneven floor.

hello all, just bought a dry cabinet, a few days back. the funny thing is one of the legs are those which is circular, is this normal? cause the other 3 legs are fixed triangular legs and only one is a screwed in leg? do let me know is it i bought a lemon??

Normal. You don't need all 4 legs to be adjustable; with 3 fixed legs and 1 adjustable you'll be able to level it on any uneven floor.

yeah that's probabt how it was designed.. but why do we need a dry cabinet to be absoultely level at all :think:

to TS think u should be more concern be ur dry cabinet's RH rather than be concern abt the legs?

Last edited:

technically... all the support leg are suppose to be the same.....( unless during delivery /packing / when the shop receive the good.... some think happen? )
if u have doubt maybe u can check it out at another shop where they sell then same model, to confirm whether is it meant to be like this?....:confused:

thanks all for the advice, just thought it was a old stock that lost a leg so the put a screw on leg.. hahhaaha i guess the worry is for nothing, by the way anybody know where can buy just a hygrometer.... so that can check the internal one. thanks

technically... all the support leg are suppose to be the same.....( unless during delivery /packing / when the shop receive the good.... some think happen? )
if u have doubt maybe u can check it out at another shop where they sell then same model, to confirm whether is it meant to be like this?....:confused:

Technically (to use your term), if all four legs are fixed, and the floor is not level, the whole cabinet will be very wobbly.

Technically (to use your term), if all four legs are fixed, and the floor is not level, the whole cabinet will be very wobbly.

hi ZerocoolAstra,
(correct me if am wrong ) usually they don't come with the floor leveling function. If they really have then all the four must be adjustable so that all the four legs base seat on the floor firmly. Another way is check the instruction, maybe they really have this function...

:)

You do not all four legs to be adjustable to have an object (cabinet, table or otherwise) sits firmly on the floor. Only 3 legs are needed to have it standing and keeping it from wobbling on any uneven surface. If it has four legs then the fourth leg will have to be adjustable to avoid being wobbly. You'll only need all legs adjustable if you want to level it.

hi ZerocoolAstra,
(correct me if am wrong ) usually they don't come with the floor leveling function. If they really have then all the four must be adjustable so that all the four legs base seat on the floor firmly. Another way is check the instruction, maybe they really have this function...

:)

a 3-legged object is ALWAYS flat on the floor... didn't you know that?

in math, 3 points can always be inter-connected by a plane.

Last edited:
correct, you only need to adjust one leg to make a four legged furniture to be stable,

unless you want the furniture to be perfectly leveled, than you need all four legs to be independently adjustable (actually one fixed and three adjustable legs is enough)

Can i ask about the dry cabinent? If i bring out the camera and lens out for shooting, will it be ok to power off the dry cabinent and power it on again once i'm back home? For e.g. I could be travelling for a few days? Do you guys leave it powered on? :)

I never turn off the power, as the power it uses is minimal. If you turn it off, it will take quite a while before it stabilises again.

cool! i understand now :) I realised the reading with and without the camera and lens in the cabinent makes a difference. Hence I should ensure the readings fall around the 45 range with all the stuffs in? Should I leave the camera battery in the cabinent as well? As I usually remove the battery out from the camera.

cool! i understand now :) I realised the reading with and without the camera and lens in the cabinent makes a difference. Hence I should ensure the readings fall around the 45 range with all the stuffs in? Should I leave the camera battery in the cabinent as well? As I usually remove the battery out from the camera.

up to you... :)

hmmm... the reading with n without items in the cabinet should be constant if ur hygrometer is working, meaning the RH will be constantly adjusted to the set value...

Last edited:
dry cabinet should turn on 24/7.

with or without camera, the reading should be the same,

once you open the door, the humidity level inside the cabinet changes, so after you close the door, the reading will take awhile to settle, it will go back to what you set after some time.

you need not remove battery from camera, unless you are taking about a few months not using the camera.

Hi,

Not quite sure if it's appropriate to ride on this thread but I'm gonna just try my luck.
I bought an Akurui Dry Cabinet (E26D) today to store my Canon 500D but I'm not quite sure on the conditions that will make it suitable i.e. temperature & humidity.

The dial was set on default at Medium but the red light went off a while ago. I've tried twisting the dial around a bit & now the light only comes on when I've set it to Low.

Was wondering if anyone could help me out a little here. Is there anything I'm not doing right etc; I don't quite dare to put my camera in just yet.

Thanks!

Not quite sure if it's appropriate to ride on this thread but I'm gonna just try my luck.
I bought an Akurui Dry Cabinet (E26D) today to store my Canon 500D but I'm not quite sure on the conditions that will make it suitable i.e. temperature & humidity.
The dial was set on default at Medium but the red light went off a while ago. I've tried twisting the dial around a bit & now the light only comes on when I've set it to Low.
Was wondering if anyone could help me out a little here. Is there anything I'm not doing right etc; I don't quite dare to put my camera in just yet.

Go and check, all dry cabinets come with manual describing how to operate the dry cabinet and how to set the target parameter. There are also general guidelines described. Additional information about storing your camera can be found in your camera manual and finally also here in the forum by using the Search function. Key words 'dry cabinet' will get you tons of results, enough to read ;)
Temperature cannot be adjusted. You got a dry cabinet, not a fridge :bsmilie:

Hi,

Thanks!

If I'm not wrong, the red light should be power light? the dial is for adjusting the humidity levl :)

Hi,

Thanks!

first of all have u tried reading the manual that comes w ur cabinet... hmmm don't know anything abt ur particular brand but any regular dry cabinet should give u the actual reading of the RH not simply (low, medium, high) like what u r suggesting. as long as the hygrometer reading is between 40-50 u r safe, the power light goes off when the RH that is set is reached, n start working again when the RH flauctuates.

Status
Not open for further replies.