dry cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

starocker

Jun 27, 2008
Yishun
pix.ie
jus got into photography..n i got an olympus e-410 wif kit lens..planning to get bout 2 more lenses..n i've been reading bout stuff like if u dun hav a dry box ur lens n stuff will get mouldy or have fungus?n i oso heard somewhere tt if ur equipment is kept too dry its no good too?? so im currently jus using a tupper ware..wif those sillicon tt u can buy from shops..isit good enuff?i wanna get a dry cabinet..any1 here knows where i can get a good cheap one??n bout how many litres should i get?
thx=)

You can consider getting a Digi-Cabi. I've got a 40D, 2 lens and 2 x PNS, they all fit nicely with room to spare in my 60L dry box.

Do also consider if you plan to upgrade your equipment in the near future.

this question have been answer many times.
do a search you will be able to find all the answer you want.

the recommond size is 60 or 80L - just in case you buy more lens

hmm..thx..ya i hav considered if i might buy more equipment in the future..thats y i dunno which cabinet i should get..so i do not wad to buy n then hav to sell..n get another..

also..do u need to put any thing inside to keep it dry?or it has a device to keep everything dry?sry..noob here..lol..

n also..do u guys know anyway that sells them?n agar agarhow much?i oni know bout TK Photo..but its a lil far n ulu for me..lol..

thx guys;)

It's more troublesome to use the silicon and the humidity is not very consistant, hence it would be better to get a dry cabinet. A dry cabinet would cost lesser than your gears so it's worth spending the money to protect your investment. (Depending on size, it will range between $100+ to $200+) You can check them out at Cathay Photo, MS Color or even Carrefour. Usually, we would get a dry cabinet that is of at least 60 litres so that we do not have to worry about space when we want to expand our 'collection' in future.

oo..ok..thx..cos i jus started putting my cam in a tupper wear wif sillicon bout 3 days ago..i had my cam for bout 3 or 4 months liao..hope its not too late tho..love my cam..haha..

sorry to hijack this thread. it will be too messy if i open another one

1) Can i like put my crumpler bag on top of the digi cabi? will it affect the performance?

2) is it ok if i leave a small gap between the wall and the back of the semi conducter? for heat to pass out?

sorry to hijack this thread. it will be too messy if i open another one

1) Can i like put my crumpler bag on top of the digi cabi? will it affect the performance?

2) is it ok if i leave a small gap between the wall and the back of the semi conducter? for heat to pass out?

No problem...;p

2) is it ok if i leave a small gap between the wall and the back of the semi conducter? for heat to pass out? <<

yes you need to leave a small gap..

actually can go carrefour get any digi cabi above the 50L ones and you can have it delivered for free...
got that and there is slots for like 5 lenses not the super zoom type., at least a 450D with a batt grip and also 2 flash and alll..
there is still a bit of room to spare...
dependent on how many lenses you think you will get actually.. else the 50L is just good enough ..
60L is too big for my preference..

woah. so i can put my bag on top of the cabinet to save space! good!

whenever i open my dry cabinet to put my stuffs in for the 1st time. the RH level will go from 43 jump straight to 50+. is it normal? i left house with 55% with all my stuff inside with the knob at 12am. ok right?

whenever i open my dry cabinet to put my stuffs in for the 1st time. the RH level will go from 43 jump straight to 50+. is it normal? i left house with 55% with all my stuff inside with the knob at 12am. ok right?

Depends on which make and model of dry cab you are using. I'm using a Digi Cab 60L, i turn the knob to 10 o'clock position and the reading I'm getting is 45%.

Hi,

Any idea how much is carrefour selling for 60L, TKphoto is selling at $188

Thanks,
Shirrine
2) is it ok if i leave a small gap between the wall and the back of the semi conducter? for heat to pass out? <<

yes you need to leave a small gap..

actually can go carrefour get any digi cabi above the 50L ones and you can have it delivered for free...
got that and there is slots for like 5 lenses not the super zoom type., at least a 450D with a batt grip and also 2 flash and alll..
there is still a bit of room to spare...
dependent on how many lenses you think you will get actually.. else the 50L is just good enough ..
60L is too big for my preference..

Get from digihub.. much cheaper..

But they quote me 188

Sent: Friday, July 04, 2008 3:02 PM
Subject: Re: Digihub - New quote request

Thank you for the enquiry, we are please to quote as below,

No . Product Unit Price

1. AD-060 $188.00
2. AD-080 $248.00

Price quoted above is inclusive of 7% GST
Free Local delivery.
Cabinet comes with 5 years warranty.
Payment will be cash/cheque upon delivery.

Hope to hear from you soon

Rgds,
Wendy Chow
Digihub Singapore Pte Ltd
Tel:6451-0010

Status
Not open for further replies.