Dry Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

FusionMist

Feb 11, 2007
Singapore
www.jaycstudios.com
Hi Guys,

I have problem controlling my Cabinet. I bought it from Challenger at $96, Think it is the 26L type. Arukui digi - The led for the H-M-L only lights up atthe M-L range and I have been trying to keep it at 55 but do not know how to. Surprisingly, there's no instruction menu for this! Help!

Hi Guys,

I have problem controlling my Cabinet. I bought it from Challenger at $96, Think it is the 26L type. Arukui digi - The led for the H-M-L only lights up atthe M-L range and I have been trying to keep it at 55 but do not know how to. Surprisingly, there's no instruction menu for this! Help!

Hi FusionMist,

I do not own Akarui cabinets, but I will try to give it a shot here. :D

I guessed that the H setting indicates High humidity level? So its natural that the LED lights up at the Medium-Low range, since at high range, there is no need to activate the drying unit.

My LED for the drying unit (Value brand) lights up 24/7 (worried that the LED will 'burst' in one to two years).

From your description, I cannot get any info. So I guess that your drying cabinet goes down lower than 55% to say 30%, which is not very desirable?

Maybe you can set the level just before the LED lights up (should be in the high humidit level region) and monitor the situation. I guess the level should go to 60% or slightly below. Then you tune it down slightly again. The LED may or may not light. The range should be around 45-50%. That is fine for storage.

Cheers,

Just keep it in the M range for a while. I have the same brand 50L, previously the reading is always very low (25-30), sometimes it goes down to as low as 15. I just left it on for 2 weeks and it now normalized to the 45-50 range ;)

You are suppose to turn on the dry cabinet and let it run for 48 hours without anything in it before you first start using it.

As for the H/M/L, the one that I am using (AM-PRO) has this guideline:
H(60-70%) M(40-60%) L(30-40%)

It takes super long to stabilise sometimes. Mine took like 2 over weeks too. Just set it to around M and let it drop below what you want. Then slowly adjust it up throughout the week.

Hi guys! Thanks! Will do that. I had such a difficult time setting it and I thought i had bought a spoilt dry cabinet. =P

I left it alone for 2 days..guess the RH changes a lot whenever I open the cabinet too. Most of the time I use my camera at least fri, sat and sun, a little difficult for it to regulate. Hahah!

Hi guys! Thanks! Will do that. I had such a difficult time setting it and I thought i had bought a spoilt dry cabinet. =P

I left it alone for 2 days..guess the RH changes a lot whenever I open the cabinet too. Most of the time I use my camera at least fri, sat and sun, a little difficult for it to regulate. Hahah!
If you are using the equipment on consecutive days, I would suggest you leave it outside the cabinet (perhaps in a bag) and return them to the cabinet afterwards. Sometimes it is quite troublesome if you have to remove neck strap every time you want to put the camera back into the cabinet. If you don't remove the strap, the sweat and moisture will cause more problem for the other stuff that are stored in the cabinet.

The dry cabinet is to ensure fungus won't grow on the lenses so the lenses should be ok as long as you are using them regularly.

If you are using the equipment on consecutive days, I would suggest you leave it outside the cabinet (perhaps in a bag) and return them to the cabinet afterwards. Sometimes it is quite troublesome if you have to remove neck strap every time you want to put the camera back into the cabinet. If you don't remove the strap, the sweat and moisture will cause more problem for the other stuff that are stored in the cabinet.

The dry cabinet is to ensure fungus won't grow on the lenses so the lenses should be ok as long as you are using them regularly.
Woah! Didn't think about he camera strap part, but it is really very very very tedious to take it out everytime I put my gear into the dry cabinet though.

Woah! Didn't think about he camera strap part, but it is really very very very tedious to take it out everytime I put my gear into the dry cabinet though.

Hi,

Maybe you can try using quick-release camera straps. I recommend either Op-Tech USA or Matin straps. Not bad...you just have to release two buckles (I assume its not tedious) and the strap come off. :)

Cheers,

Eeeeh, the dry cabinet will dry out the neck strap too.

Hmm isn't that good? Considering how much some of us sweat haha =P

Status
Not open for further replies.