dry cabinet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

adiknaim

Feb 9, 2008
Choa Chu Kang
juz got my 1st DSLR!!! ;)

now going to get a dry-cabinet for it. i looking for a small ones since i have only a body and kits lens for now. at most i upgrade 1-2 lens over the next yr, so i don tink i need lots of space.

read around and noticed the Digi cabi 30L one is at $109. any cheaper alternative? im quite on a budget for this...

Cathay Photo - Akarui 23L for $98.

ok. thanks! i read that Carrefour sells dry-cabis too rite? wat brands (or prices)?

carrefour's selling the digi - cabi ones... can use posb everyday card for more rebates...

hmmm. ok. thanks for all the info guys! really appreciate it.

juz went carrefour, digi cabi a036 @ $109, a050 @ $158, a060 @ $178 and a080 @ $228

digi lab cabinets run on electricity or do u just put silica gel packs?

they run on electricity but rather low consumation..

btw if u but from carrerfour, over a certain amount they provide free delivery. :thumbsup:
the brand is 'DIGI CABI'

got min. amount? aiyo.. coz i shud be buying the cheapest one.. wat if cannot deliver free sia.. die... :(

Any model with 50L and above will have free delievery I think. That's $158>

i just got the 30 L DB036 yst. just one question, whats the % i should set to?

read the manual camera should be around 40-50%.

is that the correct value?

:dunno:

i just got the 30 L DB036 yst. just one question, whats the % i should set to?

read the manual camera should be around 40-50%.

is that the correct value?

:dunno:
Thats the correct value ;) Do note that the hygrometer does not give a 100% correct reading, so for me I just set it at 45% to be safe on both side.

they run on electricity but rather low consumation..

btw if u but from carrerfour, over a certain amount they provide free delivery. :thumbsup:
the brand is 'DIGI CABI'

$150 I think. Anyway.. u should have got the at least the 50 or 60L one.. warranty is 5 yrs.. and if u are really into this hobby.. 30L sure filled up very fast one.

FYI, the guy at Carrefour told me they have no stock for all the drybox, left only the display sets

tongpang the thread.

whats the different between AD and DHC series?

I know AD series use Hygrometer and DHC use Digital Humidity Controller. but exactly what benefit does the Digital Humidity Controller have over Hygrometer to justify the price different?

TIA.

just get the air tight container and silica gel. haha. cheapest i believe. I have loads of them dunno if they're thrown away though. =D

just get the air tight container and silica gel. haha. cheapest i believe. I have loads of them dunno if they're thrown away though. =D

IMHO, drycabinet is more viable in the long term ... no need the hassle of worrying or changing the gel. U can store impt documents in it too. :)

tongpang the thread.

whats the different between AD and DHC series?

I know AD series use Hygrometer and DHC use Digital Humidity Controller. but exactly what benefit does the Digital Humidity Controller have over Hygrometer to justify the price different?

TIA.

DHC - Set it at the RH% that you want and it will always maintain at that set level irregardless of any changes to the load inside and any temperature changes to the room.

AD - After setting the RH% it will still fluctuate according to the ambient temperature of the room and the load inside, therefore require some manual fine tunning from time to time.

Hope that helps ;)

DHC - Set it at the RH% that you want and it will always maintain at that set level irregardless of any changes to the load inside and any temperature changes to the room.

AD - After setting the RH% it will still fluctuate according to the ambient temperature of the room and the load inside, therefore require some manual fine tunning from time to time.

Hope that helps ;)

That helps a lot. :thumbsup:

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.